PlayStation 4 Pro in-bound

Soldato
Replaced my PS4 Pro today.
Different staff. Not as friendly.
Me: I noticed the seal was broken when I got home and I'm worried because it seems a little noisy. Obviously my concern is it's been returned.
Game Guy: We wouldn't have opened it and what to you mean noisy?
** mild argument ensues **
Game Guy (to colleague): Can you grab another from the back.
** Colleague returns **
Game Guy to colleague: Can you grab a sealed one please.

Yep. Justice delivered. The replacement his colleague grabbed also had a broken seal. He went on to say he was going to send an email (to whom I have no idea) since both consoles came from the same 'stack'.

Two further irritations. His other collleaue asked if there was actually a console in the box I'd returned. I mean really!?!?

And a boss-eyed customer sticking his ore in stating how noisy the Pro is, going on to say it's 2X louder than a launch PS4. Of course the staff nod in awkward agreement. They know it's not true!

Blimey, that turned into a bit of a rant.

Associate
Me: I noticed the seal was broken when I got home and I'm worried because it seems a little noisy. Obviously my concern is it's been returned.
** Colleague returns **

Yep. Justice delivered. The replacement his colleague grabbed also had a broken seal. He went on to say he was going to send an email (to whom I have no idea) since both consoles came from the same 'stack'.

Two further irritations. His other collleaue asked if there was actually a console in the box I'd returned. I mean really!?!?

And a boss-eyed customer sticking his ore in stating how noisy the Pro is, going on to say it's 2X louder than a launch PS4. Of course the staff nod in awkward agreement. They know it's not true!

made me laugh...That moment when he returned with a broken sealed one!!

Associate
Two further irritations. His other collleague asked if there was actually a console in the box I'd returned. I mean really!?!?

Don't take it personally, people genuinely try stuff like that quite often. My brother in law has pulled that trick before, he's a full blown *&^%.

Soldato
Don't take it personally, people genuinely try stuff like that quite often. My brother in law has pulled that trick before, he's a full blown *&^%.

Yeah but speculating to a collegue or to himself is one thing but to ask a customer thst question is mind blowing. Folk that work in Game though are generally morons and part of the reason they will fail again as a business. Pay more and get awful service, no thanks.

Soldato
** Colleague returns **

Did you manage to get an unsealed one then?

Associate
Does anyone elses screen go blank for a few seconds randomly?

its a known problem that is happening to quite a few users and one that Sony appear to be ignoring.

just google playstation pro black screen.

i've not checked as yet for any updates, but TV manufactures appear to be blaming Sony while Sony is blaming them. its obviously Sony's problem with the Pro and TV connection and there is a work around that fixes it for some while removing the reasons for owning a Pro in the process.

first the non HDR passthrough when connected to PSVR and now this.

p.s.
it started happening to me about a week after use of the Pro.

Soldato
Did you manage to get an unsealed one then?
Yeah. But I've been left a little paranoid. The seal was tight against the surface of the box but the bar code sticker which resides on the internal white box wasn't aligned with the window on the outer packaging. The internal box was back to front.

Everything seems fine. Noise levels are good. Will not use Game again. Only used them this time for the part-ex.

Soldato
Its happened about 3 times since i got it last friday. If it starts happening more regularly i will. Its not a normal hdmi for the pro is it?

Not all hdmi are equal. I bought a high speed supposedly awesome one ready for 4k.

Nope, fell over as soon as I tried running hdr through it. Bought an amazon basics cable to replace it and all is good.

Associate
Can someone who has Amazon Prime try playing the Grand Tour please to see if you get 4k as despite my 50mb internet connection I only seem to be getting 1080p. Other apps such as youtube show 4k video so my pro and tv seem to be set correctly.

Associate
I couldn't even get a picture using the two HDMI cables that come with the Pro and VR, when going through the VR box. I tried the cable that came with the X1S and I now do get a picture, but it black screens every once in a while. The last time, the picture never came back so I've disconnected the VR box for the time being. Bit annoying..

Associate
Its happened about 3 times since i got it last friday. If it starts happening more regularly i will. Its not a normal hdmi for the pro is it?

I've gone through 3x 'premium' HDMI Cables to actually just get one that's able to sustain a picture, but does flicker randomly - All very depressing. Need a 4m - 5m cable run due to my setup, and it goes through a Denon AVR, anyhow as like the above posts, not all cables are rated the same.

Best bet is to find a HDMI cable that's got a good AWG rating, lower the number the better - Aim for 24/26 AWG - Then you're at the mercy of any possible HDCP issues unfortunately.

Sony really does need to wake up to the problems, but it goes to show that some HDMI cables aren't as 'premium' as advertised.

Associate
I've had the screen going black (maybe once a week) for about 1-2 seconds ever since I bought a normal ps4 and that's with a sony bravia TV. About a year or so later it started doing it while I had the PC on the same TV which made me think it was just the TV but then realised I'd just started using the (new at the time) rest feature so the ps4 was still in the mix. Doesn't really bother me but it still shouldn't be happening.

I think its something to do with the handshake that goes on between consoles and TV's nowadays. It's kind of reconfirming or something because all the screen data at the top will show back up etc. (on mine anyway).

Back
Top Bottom