Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic

Associate
There is a mod that lets you start as a Jedi, sounds like you guys should check it out. It alters the story quite seamlessly to make it fit as well.

Also, check this out. No idea if it will ever see the light of day, but it looks pretty cool.

Soldato
OP
Wait, so why would you stay to level 2? I guess due to skill points etc? I am a 'completionist', so I am probably level 5 or so now.

Not done the last fight in the ring, might cheese it with nades when before I head into the sewers.

Associate
more jedi levels means more powers really, maybe more feats depending on class etc.

dont fancy doing it with a mod, i guess i just rp someone who doesnt know how to be a non jedi, so is useless until i get my jediness! :)

Associate
Just started playing this again last week actually! It's always so good. I too am going dark side sith lord. Just passed the bit on Dantooine where you are supposed to help out the 2 main families find their sons and I:
encouraged them to kill each other to sort it out. Ends in a blood bath and Dark side points. :D

There is something oddly amusing about replying to every person you meet asking for help with something like "I'm just going to kill you myself now".

I'm not using any widescreen mods, it doesn't really bother me as I know its just old. Last time on KOTOR2 I did use the restored content mod and droid planet mod. Won't be doing the droid planet one again, as it was sooooo boring.

Associate
kotor dark side is pretty much dick dastardly levels of cheese. has some hilarious answers to dialoge etc, but i cant take it seriously ;)

kotor 2 was much more developed in terms of alignment

Associate
kotor dark side is pretty much dick dastardly levels of cheese. has some hilarious answers to dialoge etc, but i cant take it seriously ;)

kotor 2 was much more developed in terms of alignment

Agreed, I like the Influence aspect they added in KOTOR2.
There's been a few moments where I decide to randomly kill someone for no reason and Carth or someone jumps in "wait are you crazy we can't just kill them". Then they help you blast them anyway. And then he keeps his light side alignment. Not sure if you can turn Carth dark side or not? I can't remember. I may have only played light side in KOTOR1.

Soldato
OP
Well, made it to the Jedi enclave, chose Consular as a class. Still rocking armour and vibroblades simply as a bog standard saber isn't that powerful and I can't use my powers without robes or basic clothes which I don't have yet.

25 hours so far! Exploring every single nook and cranny.

Loving it :D Absolutely loving it.

Associate
It's a fantastic game, definitely in my top 3 maybe even the best ever. I've played it through completely about 4 times. I wish I could have it wiped from my mind and play it again - followed by the Mass Effect Trilogy and watching Breaking Bad!

What's so striking is how playable it is even today, something many of it's peers are not.

Soldato
https://www.gamesradar.com/star-war...public-remake-seemingly-confirmed-by-insider/
New rumors on many sites saying a reimagining of kotor by aspyr is in the works with maybe a budget of 70mil.

Hope its true that something kotor is in the works, i miss those games i enjoyed them both, tho trying to replay em these days is a struggle as the hud/ui needs s good update and enhanced combat, tho not too different as i wouldnt want pure action as i liked the paused before you fight stuff and it was based on dnd roll stats.

Back
Top Bottom