Parkrun

Caporegime
There is a local 5K in a few weeks that i might enter if I have recovered fully form my marathon but I can't really be bothered to pay $50 entrance fee for <20 minutes of running.

Associate
Went and did parkrun in Chipping Sodbury today. My local is Swindon parkrun.

Have done 121 parkruns now.

Started in April 2014 with a time of 31:34s and have got that down to a best of 24:14s.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Well done Shamrock, 8th place as well.

Impressive total so far the1gooner, you can't have missed many since you started and that's good progress in bringing your times down.

I didn't make it down today as I was planning to run the XC Champs instead, just back in about an hour ago. Quite enjoyable once I'm done but I actually enjoyed last week's course more despite the fact it was arguably tougher.

Soldato
My 4yo did our local Junior Park Run (2km) yesterday, which has just started. Last week was the 'pilot run' and his older 7yo brother did it too.

Yesterday, on hearing his mum mention 'park run', the 7yo looked out of the window, saw it was raining and suddenly developed an unusual interest in joining me for the early service at church.

I did a couple of Park Runs last year. Not done much recently. My wife is training for a 10k at the moment and only one of us can go - but when both boys can manage 5k it may become a family outing.

Soldato
No not missed too many about 12 or so.

Went to Chippenham Saturday for parkrun number 122.

Have to say I really do enjoy it and met so many new friends doing it.

I keep saying I'm going to do the Chippenham one but most Saturdays I'm hung over and struggle to get out of bed :) About time I changed my habits I suppose.

Associate
Update on my parkrun progress.

Just completed parkrun number 193 this morning, have got my PB down to 23:20s

Did quite a bit of touring last year and have now visited the following parkrun events (total 29):-

Abingdon, Basingstoke, Bath Skyline, Bournemouth, Bushy Park, Cheltenham, Chippenham, Chipping Sodbury, Cirencester, Didcot, Eastville, Evesham, Forest of Dean, Gloucester North, Harcourt Hill, Kingsway, Lydney, Maidenhead, Melksham, Newbury, Oxford, Pomphrey Hill, Reading, Southwick Country, Stonehouse, Swindon, Tewkesbury, Woodley, Wotton.

Permabanned
Good work and congratulations :)

When I do parkrun (only about 5 times a year due to working Saturdays and enjoying sleep when I have a weekend off) I tour myself. Think I'm on 18 parkruns and 18 locations. If I didn't tour I doubt I'd even bother at all. Nice to get out and about.

I always do the double on New Years Day.

Soldato
I am at about 41 Parkruns now with a PB of 23:57; I have now started doing longer distances and have done a couple of 10Ks and got some 10K trail runs coming up (Cartmel this weekend:)). Next step is half marathon for me; doing the Great North Run in Sept but may do one before then too. I used to run on my own mostly and just do Parkruns but got to know a few peeps and joined a running group; really enjoy my running so much more now.

Back
Top Bottom