• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Watch Dogs 2 performance thread

Soldato
Not looking good so far GTX 1080 @1080p cant even hold 60fps lol

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/watch-dogs-2-graphics-and-performance-guide

Drivers
AMD 16.11.5

Nvidia 376.09

Looking at the Nvidia performance site they show a GTX 1080 holding 60+ fps in some of the comparisons?
I do have to hand it to Nvidia here and it would be something I would like AMD to do more, these game by game performance sites are quite handy. It showed me what I should disable in GTA 5 a while back.

Soldato
Man of Honour
That is on a Titan X - you'd have to see what the utilisation and/or any performance impact was on a card with less than 4GB to be sure it actually needs 4GB and/or if there is any performance implications from lower priority garbage collection if its just caching data due to there being plenty of VRAM to spare.

Caporegime
Not looking good for AMD here.

WD2_1080p.jpg

WD2_1440p.jpg

WD2_4k.jpg

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Watch-Dogs-2-Spiel-55550/Specials/Test-Review-Benchmark-1214553/

Last edited:
Man of Honour
So definitely exceeding 4GB actual in use data at 4K, not so much at lower resolutions.

EDIT: Actually looks like at a guess its slightly topping 4GB actual use on nVidia cards and hovering around that on the AMD ones based on the strange deltas compared to the 1440p results.

Last edited:
Soldato
Performance seems quite consistent between AMD and Nvidia TBH with a slight edge for NV GPUs overall when compared to equivalent AMD ones. Looking at the 3GB GTX1060 3GB it has a 15% drop in minimums over the 6GB version.

Fury X perforrmance is interesting - two reviews put it ahead of the RX480 comfortably by 20% to 30% and the last one it is slightly worse. Now,the first two do use reference RX480 cards,but even that does not explain it,so makes me wonder what is causing the Fury X to crash like that?? Lack of VRAM,worse tessellation,etc.

Man of Honour
At a guess depending on the exact testing scenario its having more or less impact on the FX's memory management with a knock on effect on results.

Soldato
At a guess depending on the exact testing scenario its having more or less impact on the FX's memory management with a knock on effect on results.

Probably I suspect.

More surprised its at only 1080P though!!

are we suprised it favours nvidia ?

looks at my new nvidia card hello watched dogs free code :D

Well TBH,not massively and the performance on AMD seems reasonable overall.

Caporegime
And so much for them delaying the game to give the PC "extra love"

LOL!

:D

If they did indeed do some optimisations, I dread to imagine what state it would have been released in if they didn't push the date back :eek: Couldn't possibly be any worse than mafia 3 release though :p :o

Shame as the game looks good but hey, unfortunately this is what we can expect from PC and completely and utterly broken titles on release day now :(

Associate
Glad it's not just me. Pretty terrible on my 1080 as well.

Can't even max it at 1080p for a constant 60fps.

Back to 4k metal gear solid V at ultra settings until (if) it's sorted : )

Was starting to think this 1080 was unstoppable as well : p

Back
Top Bottom