Snow Sports 2016/17

Soldato
H all,

Bit of a bother this year with friends availability. He is at uni, balancing exam timetable and field studies at the end of term.

Quite simply, has anyone done a Tuesday to Tuesday on a package before?

The only way i can see it working is arranging it all seperately, though i have some worries on transfers outside of weekends.

Associate
First day here on Saturday. Did a couple of hours, which was pretty fun, although they haven't opened much yet. The temptation to ride all the way down was strong, but the army of ski patrol at the bottom put us off.

Snow forecast for 4 of the next 5 days so hopefully they start opening more stuff up soon.

niseko_zpsl2fadnr2.jpg

Soldato
Ace Quad Hirafu?

I love that black ungroomed going down the left there when it gets all mogulled up, great fun :) Many acrobatic faceplants into the powder!

Associate
Ace Quad Hirafu?

I love that black ungroomed going down the left there when it gets all mogulled up, great fun :) Many acrobatic faceplants into the powder!

Was it the ancient chairlift that gave it away? :D

That is a great run you mention, especially if you traverse right round. They used to do an early bird add on to the season pass where you could go up half an hour before everyone else.

It was absolutely glorious getting 2 or 3 runs in whilst everyone else was stood queuing.

Soldato
Was it the ancient chairlift that gave it away? :D

That is a great run you mention, especially if you traverse right round. They used to do an early bird add on to the season pass where you could go up half an hour before everyone else.

It was absolutely glorious getting 2 or 3 runs in whilst everyone else was stood queuing.

Heh, that lift is brutal when the wind is up, seems to take forever. Strawberry fields seems to always be sheltered and peaceful no matter what wind is ripping across the summit though.

Need to get back to Niseko again sometime. Love the village and food as well as the amazing snow. Always a nice crowd in half note and have spent many a satisfied evening stuffing my face with gyoza in little red's. Even the indian van isn't half bad :)

Caporegime
Just spent a rather cold weekend on the slopes. Highs of -17 and lows of -26... always fun, especially when you're not moving much. Good early season snow though!

Soldato
We're having a nightmare with the apartment we've booked in Val Thorens.

The bloke leaves the key with a shop that is open from 8am-8pm but we aren't getting there till around midnight. You'd think the bloke would have a key safe outside the front door :(

Think the options are find another apartment or change flights for a much more expensive earlier one :(

Caporegime
Seems a bit non customer friendly, surely flights can mean people will arrive at anytime during the day.

Land, go out on the blaze until 8am? :) Sorry, not a lot of help.

Back
Top Bottom