PlayStation 4 Pro in-bound

Soldato
Reading the last page, are people really implying DF picking up something as major as uneven frame pacing in FFXV, which makes locked fps feel juddery and not smooth at all, is nit-picking?;p Why do you need the Pro then? If people don't feel something as obtrusive as frame-pacing problems, it's unlikely they'll care about upscaled 4k or minor texture filtering improvements;p

Soldato
I cannot believe that at all. They either have crap monitors, crap eyesight, stream via Steam link with appaling network hardware or turn everything down on their high end PC games.

I think you might be misunderstanding my comment, I have said that we're amazed for what the console can do for the price (£300 - price of a good brand 1060gtx alone, I've paid around that much for most PC parts alone), not that the graphics were better if that's what you're trying to say?

Surely a maxed out PC with £700 4k monitor will look better but that's irrelevant, it does not mean that the ps4 pro graphics are bad in any way.

Associate
Yes any other source is fine. Exact same issue as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa1estb-CrA

Have you tried turning off the HDMI handshake, that cause ssome issues with ps4 (normal and pro) from time to time with my standard 1080p TV (sony). Not as often as that but sometimes it will go to a black screen then refind the correct signal and its the handshake that causes it. Just a guess as it could be something else for you but worth a try I suppose.

Edit: Yeah, the guy in the youtube video reckons an Amazon basics cable fixed it for him lol. Good old Amazon basics does it again.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmm making me wonder if my ps4 pro will be okay seeing amount of people saying hdmi port is giving issues or is it def the cables? ill be using a 4k set with mine.

Soldato
Have you tried turning off the HDMI handshake, that cause ssome issues with ps4 (normal and pro) from time to time with my standard 1080p TV (sony). Not as often as that but sometimes it will go to a black screen then refind the correct signal and its the handshake that causes it. Just a guess as it could be something else for you but worth a try I suppose.

Edit: Yeah, the guy in the youtube video reckons an Amazon basics cable fixed it for him lol. Good old Amazon basics does it again.

I've gone for a KabelDirekt as I rate their audio stuff. Thing is, when it starts to flicker it could be every 30s, every minute or less. If I do one thing like change source and back again it can stop. I tried disabling HDCP and it fixed it for a bit but started again later.

Associate
I cannot believe that at all. They either have crap monitors, crap eyesight, stream via Steam link with appaling network hardware or turn everything down on their high end PC games.

The Pro doesn't look as good as my 1070 whacked up to ultra quality but it still looks damn good. To the point where it's not a MASSIVE difference and I'm more than happy with the Pro's graphics as an every day games device even though I can play on the PC.

Associate
On the debate of this looking good still at 1080p I've noticed some games looking like they are smoother, might be the placebo effect however.

I've got a high end pc and honestly with the shoddy ports they do there isn't a lot of debate in it.

I'm yet to try 4K on pc or even 2560x1440 so may yet be silenced. :D

Soldato
On the debate of this looking good still at 1080p I've noticed some games looking like they are smoother, might be the placebo effect however.

I was playing Deus ex (which has a pro patch anyway) last night on a level where you're in some kind of slum with market stalls (sorry don't remember the name) now i'm not saying it's the best looking game but i'm 99% convinced the standard PS4 could not run it as smooth and looking as good as it did.

Associate
I'm very jealous of anyone just purchasing a 4K tv right now. Wife isn't having any of it and its not like i can just slip it past her when it suddenly appears mounted to the wall.

I will have to dream until jan/feb when this torrid time of year has ended.

Bah humbug.

Associate
I'm very jealous of anyone just purchasing a 4K tv right now. Wife isn't having any of it and its not like i can just slip it past her when it suddenly appears mounted to the wall.

Bah humbug.

Think thats the way things will happen in my house. Apologise after.

Soldato

Bah humbug.

I promised mine I'd buy her a new cooker. Seemed to do the job nicely. :D

Back
Top Bottom