Overwatch

Soldato
I think it may take a while for things to settle down. Ranks seem all over the show at the moment.

4 games last night after my placements - got utterly stomped by one team on gibraltar. As in couldn't actual stop the payload at all - they were always way in front of it and totally wrecked us inside 3 or 4 mins.

Support seem to have evaporated at the moment - no one wants to play support. Lots of solider/pharah/mcree picks but very little zen/lucio/mercy/ana picks.

Dropped into the 1800's already. Feeling depressed about season 3 after day 1:D

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
I will say that on the whole I am feeling things are not too terrible so far. I did have a guy go sniper in protest because we had hanzo and basically threw the game. Most of them have been ok, win or lose. The toxicity though, my god people need to chill a bit.

Hey Buzz thanks for the games the other night, my friends are a lot more experienced than me as i only got the game a few weeks ago but really enjoying it.

Not tried Competitve yet but like you mentioned weary about the amount of griefing you get when people take it a tad too seriously. Going to give competitve a try with a mate (just 2 of us) so its going to be pot luck whether its going to go well or not.

If you give us a shout on one of the nights were there a group of us, will give you teamspeak details.

Cheers

Associate
So I climbed from my bad 623 SR placement after to ~800 last night in around 6 games. All in all I don't think you should give much weight to your placement matches, it doesn't really matter because you get between 50-90 SR per win vs 15-30 SR on loses.

Note: Might not always be like this as I was playing matches mostly in the 850-950 SR range (but I was sub 800 SR)

Associate
I don't feel so bad now! Ranked matches at 5 wins, 4 loses and 1 draw came in at about 1360 SR.
I'm still utterly mince at the game but at least there is hope....

Soldato
So I climbed from my bad 623 SR placement after to ~800 last night in around 6 games. All in all I don't think you should give much weight to your placement matches, it doesn't really matter because you get between 50-90 SR per win vs 15-30 SR on loses.

Note: Might not always be like this as I was playing matches mostly in the 850-950 SR range (but I was sub 800 SR)

I still think you should record some gameplay :p

Associate
Hey Buzz thanks for the games the other night, my friends are a lot more experienced than me as i only got the game a few weeks ago but really enjoying it.

Not tried Competitve yet but like you mentioned weary about the amount of griefing you get when people take it a tad too seriously. Going to give competitve a try with a mate (just 2 of us) so its going to be pot luck whether its going to go well or not.

If you give us a shout on one of the nights were there a group of us, will give you teamspeak details.

Cheers

My pleasure man and yeah throw me the TS details whenever and I will come play with you. I meant to say to you too. You was really good with Mercy, except for 2 things. If everyone has full health, use the right click beam on them to increase their damage and the pistol is auto so don't tap fire it. I made that very same mistake when I started off. It's a decent gun when you use hold the mouse button. Not world breaking or anything, but it you can get a few decent kills now and again when you are in deep trouble.

As for my season, it started getting a bit more stompy yesterday. Either we stomped them, or we got stomped. Very few games were actually closely contested games. Now the Overbuff stats have been updated. I am quite surprised to be ranked 605 with Lucio. Especially because if things are going wrong and we don't have a Hanzo, it's usually me that gets all the hate.

I kind of expect it though, support is normally a thankless task when playing with random people. The ones who complain are normally the ones who would never use a support character in a month of Sundays either.

Currently my record is won 19, lost 12, drawn 3. So it's not quite as bad as the start of last season, but it does seem to be creeping back to them ways, unfortunately.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Placement matches aren't going great so far, did 5 last night, 3 losses 2 draws, some of the worst teams I've ever played on.

I'm the first to admit when I've played terribly, but I was on fire in every game, couldn't have done more than I did.

I was SR-2480 last season, going to be lucky to break SR-2000 at this rate... *sigh*

Associate
Wouldnt worry about placement matches too much. It wont affect it too much.The ranking is more based on your last seasons rank. so if you finished last season at 2480 you should be around the 2200-2300 mark

Associate
Didn't have a great start last night...1st placement somehow I was not grouped with my buddy, we only just hit the lobby so I quit. Didn't realise that was no allowed, rejoined but it eventually killed the match anyway and I still got a lose...whoops.

Then 2 loses and 1 win. 1 POTG showed the pretty blatant aimhack for all his kills (the one which drags your aim to the target), the other lose out group just didn't want to talk or push the point with my and my buddy so was an uphill struggle.

Might give it a few more days, see if that clears the placement pool up a little.

Associate
Won 2. Drawn 1. Lost 1 by a few metres.

Enjoying playing Tracer at the moment, especially on the inital payload capture points. Tele in. Opposing team panics when they hear it's being taken, tele out. Tele back in. I love the nuisance factor haha!

Soldato
Just played our placements, as part of a 4-man... Won 8 lost 2, every game was great though and really close. Played Pharah pretty much exclusively... Placed 2644 which isn't too bad (and if you read my earlier post I said I felt I had stayed pretty consistently around 2700 in S2, so it seems to make sense). It's very clearly affected a lot by your previous rank because although all 4 of us played together 2 of us ranked ~2700 and the other two ~2100... and the other's ranks were quite close to where they were in S2 as well

Soldato
Would you say the two of you were that much better than the other two lower ranked? Doesn't it seem wrong?

Taking those 10 placement games in isolation; I think we were all definitely pulling our weight and won thanks to good co-ordination, grouping up, etc. The two players who ranked higher played Pharah (me) almost every game (I think I switched to Soldier/Tracer a few times as needed), and Zarya every game... The two lower players were Lucio every game and a fairly flex sort of pick filling with Mei/Junkrat/Winston depending on comp...

It's not such a big deal - our main worry was not being able to play comp together if we were too far apart (hence playing all 10 placements as a group)... but I can't help but feel for the other two - the disappointment in the air was palpable as our excitement over doing so well in those 10 games was cut-off by the revelation that half of us were 500 SR away from the others :( A real slap in the face for them - I doubt that's what Blizzard were going for

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Wouldnt worry about placement matches too much. It wont affect it too much.The ranking is more based on your last seasons rank. so if you finished last season at 2480 you should be around the 2200-2300 mark

Won the last 3 games, ended up on 2043. Time to drag my way back up to hopefully platinum this season>_<

Back
Top Bottom