The Last Guardian (PS5?!? - 2016) :p - My pre-order is ready

Caporegime
That video looks annoying, so the guardian doesn't respond to you very well? The commentator says he likes it, because cats in real life don't listen to you.

The ****? :confused: Sounds irritating to me.

I'm guessing you have to like games in this 'genre' if there is indeed a genre for this, but I doubt i'll be rushing to buy this.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's probably a game I'll never play. Just like I don't watch Disney films because I'd be blubbing like a big girl. That creature is going to die at the end, I know it. Just like poor Agro broke his leg and had to limp along in Shadow of the Colossus. :(

Soldato
No info update unfortunately but a bump to say that in less than a month from today we can finally play TLG for the first time. For what seems like an eternity as vapourware, the ICO/SoC spiritual successor is getting ever closer.

I cannot wait. Ico is one of my all time favourite games I had the pleasure to play thanks to developers with such creative minds.

That was the first thing I thought when I saw the trailer - "wow the art direction and style are just like ICO on the PS2"

I thought that was a brilliant game, so I will be watching this closely :)

Soldato
Reviews going out later today, game releases tomorrow. Interested to finally see how the final product shapes up. Not been following its ups and downs but if its come through all that as a good game i may pick it up

Soldato
General concensus seems to be great relationship story muddied by terrible controls and quite a few bugs. However sounds like story out weighs all if you can ignore the negatives

May grab it down the road, reviewing better than i expected it to

Soldato
I only played some of Ico and I never played Shadow of the Colossus, so I really didn't feel the hype that others did when this was announced. I did get super hyped for the FF7 remake and Shenmue 3 at the same E3 though, so I get why people would be pumped when its a big game from their past coming back.

As it stands, I don't even know if I'll get this. At least not at release. I'll probably wait and see what the reviews are like first. And maybe wait for the price to go down.

Associate
Was never a fan of Ico or SotC so I was skeptical at best with this one. I was watching closely, but having seen the awful frame rate, plus laughable camera and dodgy controls I'll be giving it a miss.

I do hope the game does well though as it's been years in development, and I reckon those into this type of game will love it. It's just not my thing really but I may have given it a shot if it weren't for the technical issues etc.

Got to say I like the art direction though. May not be a graphical powerhouse but it's aesthetically pleasing.

Back
Top Bottom