The Last Guardian (PS5?!? - 2016) :p - My pre-order is ready

Soldato
Nobody picked this up today? Surprised the thread is so quiet.

To be honest I had a change of heart with pre-ordering. All it took was to look at how high the backlog pile is, and with Christmas on the doorstep, it's another £40 that I can't justify right now. This will drop like a brick in price after Christmas/early new year.

Soldato
To be honest I had a change of heart with pre-ordering. All it took was to look at how high the backlog pile is, and with Christmas on the doorstep, it's another £40 that I can't justify right now. This will drop like a brick in price after Christmas/early new year.

IGN's review put me right off, don't get me wrong I will be picking it up at some point but like you say, epic back logs and £40.00 at Christmas isn't always an ideal situation.

I've been watching a fair few videos and I'd rather wait until I've got an HDR TV to enjoy it on, too. It's not as though the game is going anywhere.

And they may have sorted out the dodgy controls by then, too.

I haz 4090!
Don
It sounds like they probably wanted to delay it again to iron out the bugs, but after so many delays they were told to just get it out there.

Soldato
Looks like this game didn't light up the game industry even after years of delays and assuming it was vapourware. Now it has been released, Final Fantasy 15 has been getting more attention.

Soldato
Its not a bad game at all, just kinda retro, which im finding enjoyable, TRICO is amazing as a character, i also like his stubborness or lack of AI? to do things, makes his behaviour seem more real

Associate
Is it worth playing Ico\Shadow of the Colossus first before I pick this up?
I have the HD remasters of them in my ps3 library but never did get around to booting them up. Apparently Shadow of the Colossus is one of the better games for playing in 3D aswell. I guess it's time to blow the dust off my old ps3 :)

Soldato
Earth[Tera].bin;30329327 said:
Not a patch on Sotc in my opinion, the interaction with Trico is a novel idea and as mentioned there's a nice story but it's repetitive and pretty dull gameplay lets it down.
RepetItive a term that can be applied to most games now im afraid
:(

Associate
I thoroughly enjoyed the last guardian working on my second play through hopefully getting some of the trophies i missed. How ever beating the game in 5 hours might be difficult considering im trying to train a springer spaniel with wings the art of time keeping :rolleyes:

Associate
Mixed feelings with this game but on the whole it was a positive experience. A much needed change from the endless sequels and remastered games that are being churned out nowadays.

Tighter controls, better camera and improved AI and this would have been a GOTY contender.

Soldato
I finally completed the game after wrestling with the controls and trico....never has game made me want to throw the controller out the window & carry on playing at the same time as much as The Last guardian did!

My main issue with the game is the controls they are clunky at time, mixed with the camera issues I found myself having to redo sections many times especially when ridding Trico...he or she? would not do what asked and often ended up going backwards...

But they journey felt special enough for me to put these technical issues aside and carry on, you really felt the bound grow between Trico and the boy I loved the old school level design and puzzles.

7/10

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom