Aorus Owner's Lounge

Associate
Hello!!

Now that the dollar is plummeting and world markets will no doubt be affected, can you please ask Aorus HQ if they can bring the price down now??!!!!

:D

I am genuinely serious though. Japan's markets have already fallen. I don't have the figures for Taiwan but I'm sure they will come to a level with British markets now.

Last edited:
AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Is this hike in price going to affect all aorus laptops? These things are expensive enough! I've had actual arguments with real humans trying to justify me buying one and now the price is going up?!

*sad face*

Hello!!

Now that the dollar is plummeting and world markets will no doubt be affected, can you please ask Aorus HQ if they can bring the price down now??!!!!

:D

I am genuinely serious though. Japan's markets have already fallen. I don't have the figures for Taiwan but I'm sure they will come to a level with British markets now.

Hi Dizz

Our pricing for specification and chassis design, product features etc, is in line with the market, so we believe we are offering value, and I think you know this to, despite the feedback you have had from other "humans" :)

As stated previously we don't "control" the pricing, or the currency markets (unfortunately), but do manage fluctuations once a product is in the market.

We have to support our re-seller partners with their margin expectations, but we have all been absorbing a lot of costs since June 23rd.

We don't envisage any of the current range which is in-transit and arriving now to require any movement from anyone.

Pricing should remain stable and competitive.

Regards,

Team AORUS.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi, I was just wondering when the stock for the X7 DT v6-CF1 will arrive.

hello, and if you could also advise when you are likely to stock the X3-plus V6 CF1, that would be great...

Hi both, and thanks for your enquiries.

Both these models should be widely available with our partners in the next couple of weeks, hopefully sooner.

Once arrived and accurate day to be able to be ordered and shipped, we will endeavour to post again.

Regards,

Team AORUS,

Associate
What are the pros and cons of X5 V6-CF1 GTX1070 versus X5 V6-CF2 GTX 1070 :confused:

I think the main difference is the screens.

IPS 120Hz HD 1920x1080

Vs.

IPS 60Hz 3K WQHD+ 2880x1620

Both have G-Sync.

Personally, I prefer the 3K screen and have never noticed any real world difference in gaming on a 120Hz screen.

To each his own...

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
What are the pros and cons of X5 V6-CF1 GTX1070 versus X5 V6-CF2 GTX 1070 :confused:

I think the main difference is the screens.

IPS 120Hz HD 1920x1080

Vs.

IPS 60Hz 3K WQHD+ 2880x1620

Both have G-Sync.

Personally, I prefer the 3K screen and have never noticed any real world difference in gaming on a 120Hz screen.

To each his own...

Hi Ti-Andy,

As komorikid correctly says, the difference between these 2 machines is the screen specification, so it really does come down to individual "preference", higher resolution, or faster refresh rates;

LT-029-AU / X5 v6-CF1 - £2,149 and currently sold out :(

15.6" WQHD+/ i7-6820HK/ GTX 1070 8GB/ G-sync/ DDR4 2400 8G*2/ 256GB PCIe M.2 SSD + 1TB HDD 7200rpm/ Win10/ 2yrs

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aoru...l-core-i7-6820hk-gaming-laptop-lt-029-au.html

LT-02E-AU / X5 v6-CF2 - £2,299 - 1 unit left

15.6" FHD (120Hz) / i7-6820HK/ GTX 1070 8GB/ G-sync/ DDR4 2400 8G*2/ 256GG PCIe M.2 SSD + 1TB HDD 7200rpm/ Win10/ 2yrs

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aoru...l-core-i7-6820hk-gaming-laptop-lt-02e-au.html

Hope that clarifies,

Regards,

Team AORUS

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom

When is the LT-029-AU due back in stock?

I think I've settled on this one as the 17.3" is too big to lug around.

Hi komorid,

Supply has been out stripped by demand on this unit, we are not sure if OcUK will receive more stock - we will clarify tomorrow and post again.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

There may be a couple out there in the market.

Regards,

Team AORUS

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep

Hi Wilshinbo,,,,

Just to let you know, the X7 DT will land in OCUK tomorrow (Thursday 24th Nov) and should be booked in and ready to ship to customers by close of play......

The unit was reviewed earlier this week by e-teknix, and its safe to say they liked it, a lot :)

Enjoy the full review here: http://www.eteknix.com/gigabyte-aorus-x7-dt-v6-gtx-1080-gaming-laptop-review/

9oeiZfy.png

BUY FROM OcUK HERE :) https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aoru...l-core-i7-6820hk-gaming-laptop-lt-02c-au.html

Best Regards,

Team AORUS

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Atom,

Any Black Friday deals on your laptops here ?

Hi Snookums,

If OcUK are offering BF deals we think they should already be live, but as with everything in this day and age, there are always surprises!

Because demand has been high and stock limited we doubt any significant discounts will be applied.

Probably not what you want to hear, but its our best guess.

Regards,

Team AORUS

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
I was thinking the same about the X7 DT v6-CF1.. now at £2,999.99 :(

Atom,

Any Black Friday deals on your laptops here ?

Hi All,

Update on yesterdays post - OcUK have offered Black Friday discount on the X7 DT.... £100 off....

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aoru...l-core-i7-6820hk-gaming-laptop-lt-02c-au.html

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Hi Atom80, Can i pick your brains about the aorus x7 AUO screens please?

Do the 120hz panels still come with the lines or have they improved the manufacturing process? I really want to hit the commit button on a new laptop but heat issues with Alienware and screen line issues with most of the 120hz panels are preventing me from doing so just yet. I'd like a gtx1080 with a 2.5k/3k panel that doesn't suffer throttling due to heat issues ideally but don't feel I should have to put up with the panel's lines in a £2.5k/£3.0k machine. I live abroad so buying one only to return it should the screen not be up to scratch isn't really an option.

The Aorus X7 DT v6-CF1 has a lot going for it due to its weight and performance so you are sooo close to what I've set for my next lappy .... any news on a high end machine with thunderbolt? Oh and could you ditch the graphic on the trackpad please!

Associate
Hi both, and thanks for your enquiries.

Both these models should be widely available with our partners in the next couple of weeks, hopefully sooner.

Once arrived and accurate day to be able to be ordered and shipped, we will endeavour to post again.

Regards,

Team AORUS,

Can you update on the X3 plus, what's the latest?
Thanks

Soldato
Hi Atom80, Can i pick your brains about the aorus x7 AUO screens please?

Do the 120hz panels still come with the lines or have they improved the manufacturing process? I really want to hit the commit button on a new laptop but heat issues with Alienware and screen line issues with most of the 120hz panels are preventing me from doing so just yet. I'd like a gtx1080 with a 2.5k/3k panel that doesn't suffer throttling due to heat issues ideally but don't feel I should have to put up with the panel's lines in a £2.5k/£3.0k machine. I live abroad so buying one only to return it should the screen not be up to scratch isn't really an option.

Seems like they're still there. I wish I could actually see one in person before committing.

The display, by the way, is also in many ways a highlight: although it’s only a TN panel with average viewing angles and color accuracy, it also sports quick response times and a 120 Hz refresh rate for video that’s as buttery smooth as the action the GPU can render. The only gripe in this department—though it may prove considerable in the eyes of some users—is the presence of visible horizontal lines on the panel thanks to the display technology. This truly is only noticeable on static screens, however, and does not detrimentally affect motion, whether video or gaming.

Full review here

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Can you update on the X3 plus, what's the latest?
Thanks

hi sparkle999,

Unfortunately supply on this model was cut down, so we wont see it fully "available" in the UK - if you did place a pre-order with OcUK these will be satisfied this week and next week.

If you haven't got pre-order in with OcUK,,,,,,, We are unable to post the suggestion to get one....

Hope that helps :)

Team AORUS

Back
Top Bottom