Seeking advice on unwanted tickets

Man of Honour
I just discovered the auction site no longer allows concert tickets to be sold, which has left me with a problem to solve.

I have six ordinary tickets for one date, bought when I thought it was the only possible date in England and the best tickets had sold out. Another date was then announced, and I now have the six best tickets that we wanted originally but for that date which is also ok for us, so now I need to get rid of the six ordinary.

On top of the auction site changing, I also found out I have no statutory right to cancel the order for the tickets, even though they were bought online. (That's one to look out for in the future - beware that once you buy event tickets for a particular date, you don't get the 14 days cooling-off you normally get with online purchases!)

Are there any websites where I can sell these tickets, get the money now, and not have to use paypal? Not looking for a profit, literally just want all my money back with a minimum of hassle, and no chance of being vulnerable to buyer scams.

Everything I've found myself seems to make the seller wait for payment till after the event, and/or uses paypal. :(

Man of Honour
OP
Yeah I discovered that too, but also that it means not getting the money until several working days after the event. In my case, that means I'd have to wait until about July to get back what I spent by mistake.

It's really irritating too, as I think announcing the second date a couple of days after the pre-sale of the first date was a marketing trick to get the first date to sell out faster. If they'd announced both at the same time, I could have just bought one lot of tickets i.e. our 1st choice. Now I'm lumbered with over £500 worth of tickets we won't use.

Do you know any sites where the buyer pays at the time of the deal please?

Back
Top Bottom