The Grand Tour

Soldato
I'm still enjoying it minus episode 2 but what I don't like (still) is the bloody American driver and the dead celebs, plus, it feels just too polished. Still a good show amongst the utter dross available to watch.

Man of Honour
I expect they'll keep the killing celebrities gag going for a while then suddenly have one make it for an interview. It's a bit stale already though. Was funny when it was a surprise but now it's just filler.

Soldato
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...gally-downloaded-tv-programme-jeremy-clarkson

Most pirated TV show in history. Although this is Amazon's own doing for not providing the Prime Video service to all regions.

I've often wondered how Muso comes up with these figures. For a public torrent site, i guess it's easy - you can just see how many times the torrent file has been downloaded. However that doesn't necessarily mean the person then downloaded the content. Also for private torrent sites, it's unlikely they would have access to, meaning there are likely to be millions of uncounted downloads.

Sounds like a farcical business model to me. Lets advertise to media rights holders, and then pull out a load of figures from the air informing them of potential losses.

Soldato
First episode was pretty good, mostly actually cars being driven, which is what they're good at presenting. The trio trying (failing) to be stand up comedians was mercifully brief inbetween the good stuff.

Second episode though, urgh. One little car segment and then 40 minutes of cringe. Does it get better?

Caporegime
I'm still enjoying it minus episode 2 but what I don't like (still) is the bloody American driver and the dead celebs, plus, it feels just too polished. Still a good show amongst the utter dross available to watch.

This fairly accurately sums up my current thoughts on the show... :)

alx

alx

Soldato
Sort of agree about the being too polished bit, being a bit rough around the edges and the perceived cheapness of the BBC added a layer of humour to the previous TG.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Tonights episode is what I would call "staple".

It had enough to keep me interested, some moments which piqued my interest and some not so great but didnt drag too long moments.

Back
Top Bottom