OnePlus 3T

Soldato
I'm just confused where it sits in the phone market. It looks premium, seems to have very good hardware, but it's rather cheap. I just don't want it to "feel" cheap if you know where I'm coming from?

Why not pop into O2 and try one.

The fit and finish is first rate.

Soldato
I'm just confused where it sits in the phone market. It looks premium, seems to have very good hardware, but it's rather cheap. I just don't want it to "feel" cheap if you know where I'm coming from?

Feels very 'premium' to me. Looks are subjective of course, but I like it and actually prefer it to my Nexus 6.

Soldato
Picked one of these up as I wants to try one, can't say I have an issue with the phone in general. It's pretty fast and I see no issues with the 1080p screen. I am a bit disappointed with the battery though so far.

Soldato

Everyone who has seen mine with the official sandstone case has been super impressed. I think it stands up next to anything.

Man of Honour

I only paid £300 for my Nexus 6 from the Google Play Store 18 months ago and that was their flagship phone before the refresh. You can get a lot for your money these days.

Soldato
So I was in Spain at the weekend, using data there (god bless Three feel at home) but now when I search from the address bar in Chrome it's using google.es and I cannot for the life of me reset it back using google.co.uk.

Any ideas?

Soldato
I only paid £300 for my Nexus 6 from the Google Play Store 18 months ago and that was their flagship phone before the refresh. You can get a lot for your money these days.

Yes I realised that with my note 5. Brilliant phone although I wanted another iPhone. Using the iPhone I feel it's just far to plain for my liking now. I rather tinker and make a phone "mine".

Caved in and I will have one coming tomorrow via o2. Contract was due up for renewal and three couldn't offer me anything better for the price.

Associate
So I was in Spain at the weekend, using data there (god bless Three feel at home) but now when I search from the address bar in Chrome it's using google.es and I cannot for the life of me reset it back using google.co.uk.

Any ideas?

That's weird... have you tried switching the search engines from the settings or mess around with the location access (for Chrome)? I guess next step would be to wipe data and cache for Chrome.

Soldato
That's weird... have you tried switching the search engines from the settings or mess around with the location access (for Chrome)? I guess next step would be to wipe data and cache for Chrome.

Yeah done all that, after googling last night it's set by IP address apparently, they 'tailor' it to your location, there's a huge long thread on the google support forums.

It's not a huge issue as it's returning normal results and not just spanish ones... :D

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Im getting the same on some sites with Chrome desktop taking me to german and NL sites :confused:

Me too (Chrome desktop, default search set to .co.uk), but its only the new new tab page, it takes me to .nl

Its been mentioned on Reddit and a few other places. Best guess is Google's changed something behind the scenes.....

Associate
Requested one of these as my replacement work phone - dual sim so I no longer have to carry two phones! :D

Dual sim seems very popular in Asia, so lots of utilities available to double up apps if required - namely whatsapp.

DASH charging looks great, although will probably stick with the 2 amp Samsung charger I've been using for overnight charges when required.

Back
Top Bottom