******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

XPE

XPE

Soldato
The live streams have become more irrelevant since they changed the format of ATV, we see a lot of behind the scenes things ever week. From ATV I remember seeing the behind the scenes of some capital ships and sections were they showed the development of procedural planets from start to present. When they put out a show like that every so often and the live stuff has very little new stuff people (including myself) will be disappointed. I just don't think you need live streams any more and last night kind of proved that.

Also with the wait for 2.6 I think some people have had their patience tested a bit and its starting to show.

Soldato
The problem with the live streams is that they are over complicated for no reason. A dozen camera angles, a dozen mic switches, its not needed. They really don't cover themselves in glory for any new people watching.

If they want to do a live stream then just make it casual, 1 room in the USA and 1 room in Europe. Also I wish they would stop catering to an audience that doesn't really exist for them, the way they act and come across is as if we are all aged 18 and under.

2017 is their biggest year as you are starting to see a shift from blind defence of the company to people slowly getting fed up of seemingly slow progress and a never ending sale pitch of new concept ships. We all know development takes a while but from the laymen looking in it doesn't seem much has changed over the last 12 months especially what we can play.

I do have high hopes but I also see that sooner or later they have to start delivering. I'll be amazed if 3.0 is out before summer next year. If SQ42 releases as anything other than very good then their money will dry up and the criticism will come steaming in.

Tbh I wish they never bothered with SQ42 and put all their recourses into the persistent universe.

Soldato
each time there is a new "release" and live-stream I ready my hand to purchase

but not seeing anything at all atm that looks really worth it

looks like 3.0 will be the biggy - do you think it really will be out before the summer ?

Soldato
OP
Tbh I wish they never bothered with SQ42 and put all their recourses into the persistent universe.
Without squadron 42 we'd have no Manchester office and honestly some of the best work has come from there. It was created specifically so Erin could organise the single player campaign, he likely wouldn't be involved without that freedom. They also have different people working on Sq42 and PU so it wouldn't be here any faster without SQ42 tbh. Throwing more staff at this won't speed it up, a lot of the time is going into testing and background mechanics like the economy, missions etc which Tony Z is in charge of. The smaller offices arguably are putting out better content imho. Germany and Manchester are punching well above their weight.

Soldato
Just had a few rounds of Star Marine and my short initial impressions is it's pretty good but needs work.

Negatives:
Lag and stutter is awful, really off putting when trying to play
HUD doesn't seem to fit 3440x1440 properly as some of it is off screen
FPS could be better being as its a corridor shooter
Hard to tell where you have thrown your grenades
No sound on my gun and it also stopped working until climbed down a ladder
Hard to know on your map where your team mates are, mini map poor in general

Positives:
Looks very nice and the added EVA stuff makes it more interesting
Not as clunky as the videos looked (still room for improvement)
Will be fun in short bursts, not something I could put many hours into with just 2 maps

All in all its not that bad at all, no AAA standalone as expected but if it helps flesh out the fps mechanics for SQ42 and the PU then it will serve its purpose like Arena Commander.

Now if I could only get my damn ships show up.

Soldato
OP
^^ That's about 3000 fewer niggles than we had in evocati last week :p Don't even want to think of how much bandwidth I used recently with patching it!

Soldato
^^ That's about 3000 fewer niggles than we had in evocati last week :p Don't even want to think of how much bandwidth I used recently with patching it!

Oh there is a lot more but I can see why they aren't ready for general release yet, I don't think that will be until the end of Jan earliest.

I just wish I could get my sodding ships to show so I can try the other stuff lol.

Soldato
Just so everybody is aware with the introduction of two step authentication as they didn't have any information regarding this on the FAQ i got in touch with the player relations team. Here is the cut down version of my question.

So my question regarding this is simple, what happens with authentication if i was to lose my phone that was linked to my game account?

The reason i asked this was that ive seen various methods from several places that use 2SA and wanted to know the procedure with CIG.

So here is the response in case anyone else was curious.

Hi Harry(FloppyPoppy),

Thank you for contacting Cloud Imperium Games and thank you for your support.

When you set up authentication you get a list of backup codes you can physically store and use if you do not have your phone.

You can also contact us and we will ask various security questions to verify it is you to remove the authentication so you can apply it again with a new phone.

I hope that helps?
Best Regards,

George.
Player Relations Team
Roberts Space Industries

So quite similar to some other systems and certainly makes me feel confident setting up 2SA with a phone unlike with other companies/platforms (Yes steam i am looking at you)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/346040/star-citizen-two-factor-authentication

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/faq/two-step-authentication

How do I login without access to the authenticator app or email?

You must have the authenticator app or an email address to initialize two-step authentication. Once it’s setup, you will have the ability to download or print 10 one-time use backup codes on the security settings page. These backup codes will allow you to access your account even if you don’t have access to your phone or email. Keep them with you to ensure you will always have access to your RSI account.

;)

Associate
Ah got mega hyped to play after watching the stream and getting a damn bug :(

Code:
Fatal Error Thrown: Player has no valid hangar items for the hangar game mode, crashing

Looks like a back-end data problem according to some posts I found through Google - so I've logged a support ticket.

And before anyone asks yes I have a valid game package and also several ships.

Before this happened everyone was telling me I was invisible in the Universe and all they could see was an arrow where my body should be...

Soldato
OP
Yup that sounds server related, honestly not sure why they put 2.6 out to another wave without sorting Crusader etc out. Might have been after crash reports though tbh.

Associate
Yup that sounds server related, honestly not sure why they put 2.6 out to another wave without sorting Crusader etc out. Might have been after crash reports though tbh.

I haven't got 2.6 PTU access, this bug was with 2.5.

Just had a reply to my ticket which says to hold on until they release 2.6 - apparently it is a known issue.

Back
Top Bottom