******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
If you've some money in this already, you might as well go have a look and have a play - You effectively paid for the privilegde, after all...
Took me ages as well, with a 0.7Mbps connection, but I just started it before bed and it was just about done when I got home from work the next day...

Associate
Anyone else got an invite to 2.6 PTU? I just got one this morning out of the blue, perhaps as I had to recover my account as I messed up the 2 stage authentication.

Just wondering what to expect?

Last edited:
Soldato
perhaps as I had to recover my account as I messed up the 2 stage authentication.

Just wondering what to expect?

No nothing to do with that, they just sent out a batch early this morning.

What to expect? I've only played Star Marine so far, but I don't like it, it's the same as it was before, I like first person shooters, but I just can't get used to it in Star Citizen.

I also got disconnected 3 minutes into the game, though that's somewhat to be expected in PTU.

Last edited:
Associate
Not sure if Star Marine will be something I'm really that bothered about either.

I understand there are new flight mechanics, is there planetary landing in the PTU or was that coming in 3.0?

Soldato
Not sure if Star Marine will be something I'm really that bothered about either.

I understand there are new flight mechanics, is there planetary landing in the PTU or was that coming in 3.0?

3.0 For planetary landings, while star marine in itself may not interest you, might be worth a go just to feel the mechanics as it's going to be the same as what gets implemented into PU

Associate
Probably a question that has been asked before but its a massive thread :)

With my current spec's I am getting 20/30fps, its just about playable for me. I know that the game is unoptomised atm and a lot depends on the server performance but does this seem about right to people?

I had considered upgrading about a year ago until I seen the plans they have for SC, i'll be holding off on an upgrade until then if I can make it that long. It's going to be a pretty hefty upgrade as I will be looking to get as close to maxed out as possible.

Soldato
Probably a question that has been asked before but its a massive thread :)

With my current spec's I am getting 20/30fps, its just about playable for me. I know that the game is unoptomised atm and a lot depends on the server performance but does this seem about right to people?

I had considered upgrading about a year ago until I seen the plans they have for SC, i'll be holding off on an upgrade until then if I can make it that long. It's going to be a pretty hefty upgrade as I will be looking to get as close to maxed out as possible.

Sounds right, most systems get about 25-30 depending on the server, though I got a new SSD the other day with 3300mb/s read and it seems to have smoothed out the stutter for me a lot, though I need to test this on more servers as have only been on a couple since getting it.

Soldato
I got ptu invite this morning, im on a slow connection here 7mb through put. Tried copying the live files into the test folder then verify to get the ptu to update quicker but doesnt seem to be any difference, 11 hours to dl.

Associate
Didn't get an invite but checked in my account options on the website and had access to the PTU :) so I've copied my account across and can now update to the PTU via the launcher.

Waiting till later to download though so as to not impact my download allowance!

Caporegime
Guys if you get a PTU Invite actually play it and report bugs to the Issue Council

Then perhaps by the next round of Evocati (otherwise known as The Avocados) you might get an invite, if that's what you want.

Edit
If you don't have PTU and are sad that you can't play it early? don't sweat it.....

g1336547430342431815.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
So I haven't backed this yet but Star Marine is something I'm very interested in, is it a stand alone game? Is it out fully yet? Sorry for the stupid questions.

Thanks

Caporegime
So I haven't backed this yet but Star Marine is something I'm very interested in, is it a stand alone game? Is it out fully yet? Sorry for the stupid questions.

Thanks

Its a stand alone game in the sense that it stands separate from the main, but its all in the same download, part of the same packaged.

Its not complete, right now there are two maps and two modes, modes are "Last Stand" which is capturing a control point and "Elimination" which is everyone for themselves.

Its space FPS so battles with gravity and outside in 0 G.

Its looks stunning.

Performance in Frame-rates terms is pretty good for the visuals, at 1080P with maximum IQ i'm averaging around 60+ with a GTX 970 but its very heavy on V-Ram, its not yet completely stable and the netcode can cause lag.

Its Alpha but quite playable and a lot of fun.

It will continue to get worked on and improved, they did have a "Mega Map" but its not in this release, taken out to try and get this out by Christmas, which still looks 50/50 if that will happen or not, its in selective player testing right now.

If you don't mind it being unstable, like the rest of the game its a test version.... then yes its worth getting to see it grow.
If what your looking for is something polished and finished then no, absolutely not, its far from polished.

If you want in i think the way you do that is to purchase a package as you would for Star Citizen.

If you do use my referral code it will give you $5 worth on ingame credit. not that you need such a thing right now. once you bought the package there is no ongoing cost.
STAR-XRF3-YNZ5

Edit here... the only one i recorded and its an older version, the UI is now completely different, and early bugs gelore...

https://www.twitch.tv/intrepid3d/v/108060099

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
2.6 ingame pics:

lr2Rk38.gif

aAsG87qh.jpg

Very impressive. Worth the wait for me :)

Trying not play the Alpha/Beta stuff myself. I want to save the excitement and play the finished/polished product for a great experience.

Is Squadron 42 still coming out in chunks? If so I would imagine we get the first part before summer?

Back
Top Bottom