Plusnet Mobile

Soldato
Just got an email launching Plusnet Mobile, I guess this is a result of the BT and EE tie up. It's running on the EE network.

The opening offer for existing land line customers is:

4Gb 4G data
Unlimited Texts
Unlimited Mins
£10/Month (Normally £15).

I'm on EE PAYG at the moment, paying the same for less. No reason not to switch right? I can always come back!

Associate
Existing internet customers will get double data on standard tarrifs, which seems a good deal. £7.50 for 2GB 4G data is what I have my eye on.

Last edited:
Associate
I've been with LIFE mobile for a few months and recently received an email saying they were becoming plusnet mobile.

For anyone who cares, the service has been fine, no problems. I've spoken to their help desk once about using my phone abroad - I got through to someone quickly and they were really helpful.

Associate
Sounds like a bit of a no brainer for me, I'm currently on EE PAYG paying £10 a month for essentially half of what Plusnet are offering on this new deal - I'm also a Plusnet customer so I've signed up. Fingers crossed I'll be able to port my number across too.

Liam.

Soldato
Existing internet customers will get double data on standard tarrifs, which seems a good deal. £7.50 for 2GB 4G data is what I have my eye on.

It does seem like a very good deal. I'm on plusnet and i'm keeping my eye on this. I can switch from giffgaff to plusnet mobile and get a far better deal. £7.50 deal catches my eye.

Probably possible to keep same mobile number though?

Soldato
I am about to switch from EE to BT Mobile on a similar kind of thing.

BT Black Friday deals for existing BT BB customers means I can get:

3GB Data 4G
500 Minutes
Unlimited Texts

All for £8/month. Also get £40 amazon vouchers :)

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/mobile/sim-only-deals/

The joker at EE tried to tell me the £8.99 deal they were offering me was somehow better, and I would lose my "loyalty bonus" which is pretty much just the only way they can compete with other prices.

Got my PAC code sorted anyway.

Associate
I use Three PAYG at the moment for when I go abroad as I do not get roaming charges, I cannot see the same offer from Plusnet with this offer

Soldato
I use Three PAYG at the moment for when I go abroad as I do not get roaming charges, I cannot see the same offer from Plusnet with this offer

I get 4gb with unlimited calls/data with Three for £11 on a 30 day rolling contract so I can't see any of the plusnet plans tempting me tbh, especially with Three feel at home (Intl roaming).

Plusnet/EE signal would be better out in the countryside but that's about the only perk.

Last edited:
Associate
I've signed up for this, shifting from Giffgaff's £7.50 offering to Plusnet's £7.50 offering with double data.

Now just waiting for my number to transfer. It seems ridiculous that in today's instant technology that one has to wait more than an entire day when their old number is completely unrecognised! I'll happily wait a day or more for a transfer, just don't deactivate my old number for so long! :mad:

Associate
I've signed up for this, shifting from Giffgaff's £7.50 offering to Plusnet's £7.50 offering with double data.

Now just waiting for my number to transfer. It seems ridiculous that in today's instant technology that one has to wait more than an entire day when their old number is completely unrecognised! I'll happily wait a day or more for a transfer, just don't deactivate my old number for so long! :mad:

Did this last week but for the £10 deals. It says to allow 2 days for porting but it actually took 5 days to port. Signal and speeds same as giffgaff for me. Just getting an extra 3gb data and 500 mins for the same price.

Soldato
Probably not as more often then not, MVNO SIM cards won't work with phones that run on the network they are using.

Yes well it depends how the MNO sets up the MVNO - Tesco and GiffGaff SIMs will work in O2 locked phones because they use the same MCC (Mobile Country Code) and MNC (Mobile Network Code) as O2 - 234/10.

I expect EE will setup a different MCC/MNC though for this, it doesn't make any sense not to.

Associate
Did this last week but for the £10 deals. It says to allow 2 days for porting but it actually took 5 days to port. Signal and speeds same as giffgaff for me. Just getting an extra 3gb data and 500 mins for the same price.

It took 3 days overall to port which I don't have an issue with. Just wish there wouldn't be a 30-40 hour window when my old number is uncontactable.

Associate
It took 3 days overall to port which I don't have an issue with. Just wish there wouldn't be a 30-40 hour window when my old number is uncontactable.

Yeah, the 5 days didn't really bother me either. Don't remember having a drop out at all though. The actual port must have taken an hour or two tops.
What was a nice surprise though was plusnet emailed me to apologise for the length of time it took and have credited me with one month's free subscription.

Soldato
OP
I have my PAC but i didnt really want to be without my phone number tomorrow, I take it your old number worked until the couple of hours it took to port?

Back
Top Bottom