The Display Cabinet

Soldato
Generally stay away from finecast, even GW have moved away from it mostly. It's a disaster.

tell me about it. These have been laying around since I think last year as I forgot they were in the to do pile. Fortunately the dark vengeance box looks like its all plastic as are the start collecting boxes. But there are still a lot of the hero / hq models on their website which state finecast resin :(

Caporegime
Yeah all the old ones are, I think all the new ones are plastic though. Why they can't just do resin properly like everyone else...who knows. Thankfully I've finished the last of my failcast models (one is just about to be finished) no more!

Soldato
vallejo game colour Dead White is pretty good, its what I use on my miniatures. Use game colour for almost all colours apart from where there is no direct match to a citadel colour and some of the technical / texture paints because they are just easier to use in some cases

Associate
After 10 years away from the hobby I decided to pick up the new blood bowl and some skaven to get my teeth into. Here's the progress so far, 6 down and 6 to go!

Comments and criticism always welcome, as long as it's constructive :p

http://imgur.com/a/wFRSI

edit: why can't I embed that image link O.o

Last edited:
Caporegime
One of my least favourite seer models, the robe is so badly sculpted, doesn't look remotely like cloth. Failcast as well so there were lots of bits to fix, hopefully my last one!

Scheme is Mymeara, the one from the Forgeworld book.

Caporegime
And another! Counting this one as my first of 2017 as the Spiritseer was 98% complete last year. This one is Launcelot from the superb Twisted game. Can't wait to get their kickstarter for more crazy resin quality.

Associate
Amazing work as always. You really have got the basing nailed!

I was totally surprised to find my Stardrake had made the 'Readers model of the month' in this months White Dwarf! I'll try and get a pic up later :)

Soldato
Amazing work as always. You really have got the basing nailed!

I was totally surprised to find my Stardrake had made the 'Readers model of the month' in this months White Dwarf! I'll try and get a pic up later :)

Yeh I saw it in this month's magazine (also follow you on Instagram and saw you had posted). Massive congratualtions it's really great you got featured and it is truly very well deserved, it's a beautifully painted model.

Soldato
I've always struggled with miniature photography as my study is super dark. My new LED lamp seems to do the trick though!

Skaven Blood Bowl team:

VSq8OYKl.jpg
rz2MvnEl.jpg

High Elf (sort of!) Blood Bowl team painted for a friend:

Eo8bgKAl.jpg

The start of my Thousand Sons 30K army:

TKJe3Zdl.jpg
1itDC7Ql.jpg

Caporegime
try and put a backdrop behind your model, even just a simple black t-shirt or a sheet or something will help improve things.

Nice set though! Like the Thousand Sons, are you going to paint Magnus or the new Lord of Change?

Back
Top Bottom