*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Soldato
They were mission rewards (4 at a time) for me at high tech boom states that I was friendly with. Took me quite a while to get the damned things though and they were never an option of buying when I was getting them.

I got 32 mod terminals from one sprint between HIP 10716 and Wu G. I am allied with all factions though

Associate
ahh great so you get both. I dont really fancy uninstalling and then reinstalling Elite on steam but if you get a code for both (so have the option to run from either) then that settles that :D

I wouldn't worry, Horizons launches like a separate version of the game, so will work in Steam. It only opens the launcher that you log into with your Frontier account anyway.

Associate
Nearly back from a 12k light year round trip to unlock Palin for the level 5 engines. Took rather longer than anticipated as initially set out towards the rim and ran into a large area of permit locked systems. Changed tack and had better luck. A relief when the Palin message pinged. Exploring not for me at least in its current guise.

Nearly blew myself up tonight. Thank god for my heat sink. Wish I had packed an AMFU though on this Annaconda. Also wish my hops was not half full of engineering crap

Caporegime
how the #### do you land in this game? spent 10 minutes trying to get the ship lined up in the zone and it just would not land, is there yet another sequence of buttons to press? in the end it timmed out and i was kicked out of the station? WTF?

As far as first impressions go, not good, not good at all, very obtuse, very anal about following control and impute sequencing, gameplay appears constrained, far too much manual input required on everything that you do, which also makes it far too complicated, for example, why aren't the weapons just there? why do i need to switch on the hardpoints, set up what type of weapons i want to use at that particular time..... just keep it simple, weapons are just there, need to use them? press fire! pew pew pew.... why all the sequence compulsion?

Last edited:
Associate
how the #### do you land in this game? spent 10 minutes trying to get the ship lined up in the zone and it just would not land, is there yet another sequence of buttons to press? in the end it timmed out and i was kicked out of the station? WTF?

As far as first impressions go, not good, not good at all, very obtuse, very anal about control and impute sequencing, gameplay appears constrained.

Select the station then on the left screen/menu select contact and request docking first

Caporegime
Select the station then on the left screen/menu select contact and request docking first

I did that outside the station.

i had to go to my landing zone, in this instance zone 1, got there... had to line up the red dot inside the circle... did that... or so i thought, a lot of beeping changes in that beeping, as far as i could see is was getting it lined up and stopping the ship apparently lined up... nothing, just sits there, i spent 10 minutes lining it up over and over and over again from all angles and directions.

Just could not get it to land.

Associate
Haven't played this for a bit, but did you have your landing gear deployed? I think it's only automatic with a docking computer.

Soldato
I did that outside the station.

i had to go to my landing zone, in this instance zone 1, got there... had to line up the red dot inside the circle... did that... or so i thought, a lot of beeping changes in that beeping, as far as i could see is was getting it lined up and stopping the ship apparently lined up... nothing, just sits there, i spent 10 minutes lining it up over and over and over again from all angles and directions.

Just could not get it to land.

Landing gear down? When you're over the pad you'll get a dedicated HUD display showing your position over the pad?

Try the tutorial missions?

Caporegime
Landing gear down? When you're over the pad you'll get a dedicated HUD display showing your position over the pad?

Try the tutorial missions?

Landing grear was down yes (L) i did the tutorial, same issue with that but eventually it did grab me and land me, i thought i had it figured out because i went really close to the deck and thats when it grabbed me, i though i must have been to high up....

Yet on my first mission i couldn't get it to grab me again.

PS: thanks for the replies :)

Soldato
Landing grear was down yes (L) i did the tutorial, same issue with that but eventually it did grab me and land me, i thought i had it figured out because i went really close to the deck and thats when it grabbed me, i though i must have been to high up....

Happy to come and say hello bud and help

Add me: BADBOYUK

Soldato

If the ship is at an angle and not "flat" enough to the pad, it won't land...

Associate
Again thanks :)

This will explain my issue.

<snip>

And Happy Christmas :)

I see your problem :)

When landing, the ship must be facing directly away from the 'ramp'. If you look at the overlay, your ship should be pointing 'up' the screen, not down, to the left or right.

You must also have the blue crosshair 'highlight' lit up on the docking overlay - you can also hear when you are correctly aligned as you get a 'ting' noise over the top of the background pipping noise.

The following image shows the correct alignment. When in place, thrust vertically downwards gently and the docking clamps will grab you.

xBzztCU.png

Edit: Also, docking tutorial video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weAoY7kw2NM

Last edited:
Soldato
What is it with people having those stupid overlays that display a long list of CPU/GPU core loads and FPS on screen all the time? Does constantly having **** like that being displayed not distract you from enjoying the game?

Back
Top Bottom