Overwatch

Soldato
I've gone from level 19 to 39 without a single legendary skin. Super annoying at times. Slowly getting back into playing which is fun, competitive is interesting to say the least.

Associate
I think I read that the loot box algorithm makes a legendary more likely if you've not had one, maxing out at a guaranteed legendary every 25 boxes. Of course, that could be a legendary credits chest, not a skin, and then you're reset to normal.

Associate
I got some of the matches uploaded from last night. Can't hear any comms on my end as I didn't have the mic recording picked up (because I didn't mean to record it). You hear Kyo having a good whinge in one of them though.

Route 66 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EbkN8jJPLQ - Only in 30 fps, because my render preset failed me. No idea why. After a opretty poor first round, we turn the tide and get the win.

Dorado - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtuNGKR0ZiQ - Narrow defeat, we all made a multiple mistakes in this one, it was very winnable.

Volskoya Industries - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbdqsMco4uQ - Pretty much curb stomped them. They were not very good as a team.

We made a quite few mistakes, it's not bad considering half the team I never played with until today. I think if we keep playing together and get used to each others actions more, then we may work better as a team and turn some of these close losses into wins.

Soldato
Pretty good dude. Your aim is pretty decent, you mostly just have to work on your decision making and movement. You have a lot of avoidable deaths simply because you tend to walk in straight lines while shooting (e.g walking directly into a Zarya beam instead of strafing to dodge it) and not using line of sight effectively. I saw a lot of deaths because you ran away in a straight line rather than trying to lose line of sight or simply strafing to make yourself harder to hit. The biggest thing I noticed when I played on my 2nd account (placed 2400) is that headshotting people was incredibly easy because they walk in straight lines. I'd say it's more important to work on aim/movement than anything else, you'll climb faster doing so.

One thing I would say about your ults is that it's pretty important to shoot first before ulting. Don't make the mistake of getting a good flank and ruining it by simply pressing Q. I promise you'll get a lot more big 4-5 man ults if you get 1-2 people low with 3-4 shots before pressing Q. Other than that just try to play with your team more instead of constantly frontlining and trying to get picks. E.g your Mercy on Dorado was getting destroyed by Reaper and nobody seemed to want to help, but you were clearly able to out aim that guy so if nobody else wants to defend your Mercy you should do it instead. On Dorado last point it mostly comes down to either a big push from the attackers, or a pick from the attackers and follow up push. You being in the frontline and getting a pick then dying on defense doesn't actually help very much, keeping your Mercy alive is a lot more important. Although stuff like that you'll just pick up as you get better.

Last edited:
Associate
We were getting utterly wrecked by a Symetra last night. Not sure if she's become OP or not...

Also, am I alone in thinking that Soldiers 76's ult goes on for way too long? It feels neverending at times!

Associate
Pretty good dude. Your aim is pretty decent, you mostly just have to work on your decision making and movement. You have a lot of avoidable deaths simply because you tend to walk in straight lines while shooting (e.g walking directly into a Zarya beam instead of strafing to dodge it) and not using line of sight effectively. I saw a lot of deaths because you ran away in a straight line rather than trying to lose line of sight or simply strafing to make yourself harder to hit. The biggest thing I noticed when I played on my 2nd account (placed 2400) is that headshotting people was incredibly easy because they walk in straight lines. I'd say it's more important to work on aim/movement than anything else, you'll climb faster doing so.

One thing I would say about your ults is that it's pretty important to shoot first before ulting. Don't make the mistake of getting a good flank and ruining it by simply pressing Q. I promise you'll get a lot more big 4-5 man ults if you get 1-2 people low with 3-4 shots before pressing Q. Other than that just try to play with your team more instead of constantly frontlining and trying to get picks. E.g your Mercy on Dorado was getting destroyed by Reaper and nobody seemed to want to help, but you were clearly able to out aim that guy so if nobody else wants to defend your Mercy you should do it instead. On Dorado last point it mostly comes down to either a big push from the attackers, or a pick from the attackers and follow up push. You being in the frontline and getting a pick then dying on defense doesn't actually help very much, keeping your Mercy alive is a lot more important. Although stuff like that you'll just pick up as you get better.

Yeah, I am learning reaper to be honest, in all the time I have played I only notched up 4 hours with him before playing him yesterday. Noticed I was being rather effective with him and thought I would give him a bash.

I get over eager right now and disengage either too late or not at all as I think I can get that extra pick or whatever. It's something I generally pick up in time, but it takes making a lot of mistakes for me to get it.

My ult usage is generally garbage, I know. I underestimate people's use of the Reinhardt shield mostly. Mainly because when I am a support and someone does a death blossom etc. I generally found that they were more concerned with themselves than the others. I have started more tactical use of the ults since them games, but I still have a lot of work on working out the perfect time to use it.

As for the front lining a lot. Yes, that is a thing that I need to chill on, but I get overeager to take out key characters and becomes almost an obsession. I will get those things down in time, it does take me a while to stop doing it though as I am fighting the natural instinct I have to be aggressive. Which is born from other shooters and an unhealthy amount of time playing solo queue quick play.

The good thing is, I generally see the mistakes I make. The bad thing is, me trying to fight my natural instincts take me a lot of time. There are other characters I am a lot more solid tactically, but to be honest I don't make quite as much of an impact on the games then. So I will keep working on it. Just have to make sure I don't go from being too aggressive to too passive as when I immediately try to alter how I play. I often go from one extreme to the other.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Thanks for posting the vids Buzz, I made a lot of mistakes too.

I feel my positioning and wasting ulti's are the worst and not actually my aim. As H2Scott said it the deciding making for me that needs to improve. I only bought the game a few weeks ago so lots yo learn.

Good points from Scott I was the mercy getting destroyed.!! :eek:

Btw your welcome to join if you need a group? What is your Battletag?

Associate
Thanks for posting the vids Buzz, I made a lot of mistakes too.

I feel my positioning and wasting ulti's are the worst and not actually my aim. As H2Scott said it the deciding making for me that needs to improve. I only bought the game a few weeks ago so lots yo learn.

Good points from Scott I was the mercy getting destroyed.!! :eek:

Btw your welcome to join if you need a group? What is your Battletag?

He can't play with us plebs, he is master ranked. I am not so sure about his alt account. I am guessing that's too high now too.

*** He already said it was 2,400 duh. More than welcome to jump along on a session if you want.

Last edited:
Associate
My other account is 3000 now. I was getting like 60-70 points per game for some reason.

Yeah, that's the new system for placements. Your first few games you get more points to compensate for ranking lower than your previous season (as last seasons rank was the starter point for you and each placement loss would reduce that). I went from 1,800 odd to 2,300 odd. Then I dropped like a lead balloon (was support only at that point). Now closing in back to 2,300 again now.

Just noticed I am on fire 50.2% of the time with Reaper at the moment. Tried to be a bit less aggressive in solo queue earlier. Only played 2 games and won them both, Far too early to tell if it's making a difference. 2 wins is always better than 2 defeats though. Especially given my atrocious recent run in solo queue.

Last edited:
Soldato
Around 33xx at the moment, not sure I have the heart or energy to push for 35xx. I might try though, see what the SoloQ RnG Placement gods have in store for me!

Soldato
Mate keeps banging on at me to get this, I see its on offer at the moment for £25 on the official site, is this the best current price? might treat myself to an early Christmas presnt.

Soldato
Mate keeps banging on at me to get this, I see its on offer at the moment for £25 on the official site, is this the best current price? might treat myself to an early Christmas presnt.

That's a good price. Don't see that game getting much lower for a while. What else can you get for £25. If you like competitive FPS games (tf2, csgo, cod, bf, titanfall, ...), Then yeah, get it.

Associate
My girlfriend loves this game. She's bouncing around 4000-4300 rating and has huge play time.

I like the game but play it super casually, maybe 70 hours total since release and I'm 3200 rating but have a lot of experience with FPS games.

Either way it's deffo worth £25, especially if u have friends to play with.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom