** 8 PACK BUNDLE: 6700K OC, AIO, ASUS HERO, 16GB 3000MHz & MORE FOR £499.99 (£270 SAVING) **

Soldato
Also lets not forget that currency isn't that predictable. Gibbo may have intended to do it at roughly the same price, but his hand has sadly been forced.

Of course currency, especially the £ to $, is unpredictable. I even stated than in my original post. However I assumed, wrongly, that given what was said that the mechanisms were in place (i.e. Stock reordered at agreed pricing) to allow the deal to be repeated. For me personally that's not even the issue, I'm more annoyed that 8pack felt the need to come in to the thread and call me a liar and make false statements. Almost a throw back to the bad old days of customer service at OcUK.

Surprised that neither he nor any other staff members haven't felt it necessary to come back with any sort of reply/apology/clarification. As I said previously though no skin of my nose. If that's how they want to treat customers then so be it.

Associate
I am sure I can repeat this bundle on Boxing Day for sure. :)

Just read the thread again.....

From what i read on 21.11.16 I really felt this was done deal @£499.

Just over one hour after the deal went live Gibbo said it would be repeated on Boxing day, that was it for me!!! Done deal....... it was going to be a great Xmas week building and tweaking.
I decided to wait for the boxing day deal so it would come out of Decembers pay and all the Xmas pressies would have been bought and paid for.

Gibbo was so sure, he said sure twice!!!!

I really shouldn't believe all i read on the internet :mad:

Soldato
Just read the thread again.....

From what i read on 21.11.16 I really felt this was done deal @£499.

Just over one hour after the deal went live Gibbo said it would be repeated on Boxing day, that was it for me!!! Done deal....... it was going to be a great Xmas week building and tweaking.
I decided to wait for the boxing day deal so it would come out of Decembers pay and all the Xmas pressies would have been bought and paid for.

Gibbo was so sure, he said sure twice!!!!

I really shouldn't believe all i read on the internet :mad:
To be fair I don't think he/they said they would maintain the exact same price and it's unfair to expect them to do so if their own costs change especially given the 4+ weeks since the last sale price. If the package price can't be bettered elsewhere then it's still a great deal if you're in the market for such a package.

Just remember, the best deals in tech usually come around when the next thing is about to arrive. If paying an extra £50 isn't for you it may be a blessing in disguise for you to pick up the new stuff soon, albeit at full price.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Its very simple, no bitching, buy it on the 28th or do not!.

AT LAST ^^^

No one has been misleading anyone.

Every year we did this or similar we sold out.

This time we are only telling the forum about it so even better for the forum user to get a great price performance item. We have nothing to apologise for.

This is great price performance.

Soldato
If you don't understand why some people are annoyed over this then you really do need to see 5ub for CS training in the new year.

You have been dismissive of any concerns raised, calling peoples opinions junk. Classy.

Last edited:
Soldato
Give it a rest guys. All this moaning over £50 and should be thankful enough the first deal was such a goodun. They even let a lot more customer have them at the previous price than they originally planned - nearly double if I remember correctly.

Soldato
Give it a rest guys. All this moaning over £50 and should be thankful enough the first deal was such a goodun. They even let a lot more customer have them at the previous price than they originally planned - nearly double if I remember correctly.

My gripe ain't particularly over the 50 quid. Yea I had a bit of a moan to begin with, as you do but my main issue is being called a liar by someone who told a lie, maybe not intentionally but he hasn't corrected himself and the opportunity to do so has since passed.

Associate
This is becoming a farce, a store offers something at a discount, you do not have to buy it if its more than you want to pay.

Focussing on staff replies really does not change the offer price, its just getting a bit tiresome!

Wait until the 28th, see what the price is and buy if you want, let the staff help people with tweeks rather than hope they engage in the silliness that this seems to have descended to!

Soldato
No one is disputing the quality of the deal and if you think this thread is just moaning for no reason then perhaps you should avoid it?

Why should future potential customers be thankful that a deal they missed out on was good? It has no relevance here.

I do agree with what you said earlier, that this is perhaps a blessing in disguise as with new hardware due out soon, plenty of other options will exist. I do think just telling people to just give it a rest is wrong though, I don't presume to know their situation.

For me, how things like this are handled, largely dictates who I choose to spend my money with come upgrade time.

Soldato
Focussing on staff replies really does not change the offer price, its just getting a bit tiresome!
Do you not get why I, personally, have focused on the reply that called me a liar? Perhaps you're happy to be called a liar publicly and let it go, unfortunately I have a bit more respect for myself. If you don't, fair enough but perhaps stay out of something you clearly have no involvement with.

Caporegime
Mr_W5m_UX.gif

Back
Top Bottom