******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Associate
SQ42 sneak peek:

image_2.jpg

3.0 sneak peek:

image_5.jpg

image_6.jpg

image_12.jpg

Source: http://epaper.pcgames.de/en/profiles/5c3b36d592b7/editions/fc731a6fe18bb24fd204/preview_pages

Associate
'Processing' on YT these days is becoming painfully slow, 10 minutes for a 30 second clip...

Anywho...

Looks good :D

Do you think your low fps is due to memory limits, gpu speed or the current net code? Your fps in Star Marine is much higher though it's quite a bit more limited than in the PU.

I may get an RX 480 as a stopgap rather than a 1070 and spend more when we are closer to release as long as the 480 is going be ok at 1080p but sub 30 fps is not that great.

I would rather wait for Vega but there are a few things I can't play now because of my current gpu…

Associate
I don't remember a part with cheat engine, but i do remember renaming some files ( a folder perhaps ) i tried it on like 2.3 out of curiosity of performance.

Yea, the video you linked quotes a reddit post for a how to and that talks about installing cheat engine. I'm reluctant to put a program like that on my computer. I hope that SC would add an offline mode in future so we can enjoy a few more frames if we want to.

I have found Star Marine to run very well personally.

Soldato
OP
I'd rather they got the netcode working than added in any additional features, it's meant to be run as a multiplayer game, so bug reports from offline mode would be far less useful to development of the final game, they'd also get fewer reports if people were in offline mode a lot.

Cheat engine itself is fine, it's been around for donkeys however I'm not sure if any cheat protection software will ignore or detect it for VAC bans etc. not looked as I've no intention of using it.

Associate
Happy Christmas all.

I am seriously considering spending some chrimbo funds and upgrading my base Aurora MR to some like the F7C Hornet Wildfire but have a few questions 1st. Do you think the super hornet will be back on sale anytime soon? I honestly prefer the aesthetics of the super hornet. if I did buy the wildfire, as far as I know this is not flight ready yet so if I logged into the game what exactly would I have to fly?

Caporegime
Happy Christmas all.

I am seriously considering spending some chrimbo funds and upgrading my base Aurora MR to some like the F7C Hornet Wildfire but have a few questions 1st. Do you think the super hornet will be back on sale anytime soon? I honestly prefer the aesthetics of the super hornet. if I did buy the wildfire, as far as I know this is not flight ready yet so if I logged into the game what exactly would I have to fly?

SH sale is an unknown but the Wildfire is just a stock F7C with a paint job, there is nothing different about it other than the colour scheme and the 'out of box' weapon loadout, if you want that loadout you can get it on the base F7C by earning REC and renting the weapons, personally i don't like the Wildfire loadout, fixed mount tarantulas on the wings with gimballed repeaters on the box mount, not a good combination, you can tell CiG don't play their own game that much.
The Wildfire is also far more expensive than the stock F7C.
What you can do is get the F7C (it is a good ship) now and upgrade later when the SH is back on sale.

Last edited:

XPE

XPE

Soldato
+1 as a FPS its really not bad at all, its not as polished as some AAA FPS games but it doesn't pretend to be, what it does have is the one quality that i think matters most, its a lot of fun. :)

I agree the FPS shows a lot of promise but they need to iron out some of the bugs, to many times I've been unable to defend myself due to my weapon not firing :(

Someone should organise a round or two :p

Back
Top Bottom