******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Caporegime
Thanks for the reply. I think I'll go with what you suggested but can the turret be added later? Or would I be better waiting for a superhornet?

Actually my bad, the box turret is the one thing you can't buy / rent for the F7C, tho you can get the chin turret N4-160f Turret

And the Tarantula-870 - Mk3

I have the F7C, its the next best fighter to the SH or Sabre, if looking for a stop-gap to one of those its the one to get, even without the box turret.

Soldato
Thanks for the reply. I think I'll go with what you suggested but can the turret be added later? Or would I be better waiting for a superhornet?

You can buy the normal F7C Hornet.

Rent a Super Hornet using REC and apply the ball turret onto your ship. Don't go into Arena Commander and your timers wont count down, which means you can keep using the ball turret.

Associate
I am about to pull the trigger on the superhornet as an upgrade from my Aurora MR however before I do how do I know how much insurance i'll have? I am nearly sure the Aurora came with life time insurance but I am not sure how to check?

Soldato
OP
You'll keep whatever insurance the Aurora came with.

LTI isn't a big deal though so even if it's a 3 month insurance package remember that:

1. LTI is exactly the same as Standard hull insurance (SHI) without the recurring cost.
2. Any changes made to the ship aren't covered by LTI or SHI, they have to insured on their own.
3. Doesn't cover cargo.
4. You'll likely struggle to leave a hangar without SHI as there will be layers of reminders to prevent you losing a ship permanently.
5. Game time counts down at around 1 in-game day for 2 hours (subject to change, this is info from 2014). As insurance only counts down when ships are in use you'll have this much use based on the amount of insurance you get free with the ship in actual gameplay time with that ship:

1 month insurance = 60 hours (30 in game days x 2)
3 month insurance = 180 hours
6 months insurance = 360 hours
1 years insurance = 720* hours
2 years insurance = 1440* hours
3 years insurance = 2880* hours
4 years insurance = 5760* hours

(*approx)

Remember this is when that ship is in use, if it's sitting in a hangar it doesn't count down insurance time.

^^I haven't worked this out just for this reply, I've been pondering making an LTI related video as I'm a bit sick of people obsessing over it, it's being hyped by CIG as a marketing tool when it's really just a tiny bonus and wont' help much at all at release.

Associate
Thanks halfmad, so really not point dwelling on it too much. I played eve for years so well used to the need for insurance and so on.

One more quick question, this will be my final purchase + largest i'd say. Do you think it would be worth keeping the Aurora as a run around ship or would it be easy enough to buy one with in game credits used from pirate kills and so on?

Soldato
OP
MrKeeno - Aurora's will be pretty common, most ships will be to be honest and chances are you'd never purposely buy one in-game. You're more likely to save up for an Avenger etc anyway as those will also be more common and are frankly just better.

Associate
MrKeeno - Aurora's will be pretty common, most ships will be to be honest and chances are you'd never purposely buy one in-game. You're more likely to save up for an Avenger etc anyway as those will also be more common and are frankly just better.

Thanks buddy. Superhornet purchased :)

Soldato
folded and bought in,

Im not going to do what i did with elite dangerous and play so much in pre release i was burnt out by the time the game came out.

I did buy the SP game though which will give me some play time before release and judging by the control options its going to take me months to get my X55 set up.

Soldato
So I finally got my new system up and running, Xeon E3-1231v3 and nvidia GTX 1070. Last time I ran SC, it was on a 270x with an i5 2500... Butter smooth at 1080p!

But do you know what was even better?! I have to run this over steam streaming! I do not have an office any more (2nd child stole that room!) so I'm on my work laptop, running steam streaming via AC wireless (haven't fitted a network port near the dining room yet). Issues with Wireless latency as to be expected, but it was beautiful, fast and wonderful!

Still need to get my config sorted and a network cable in to my 48 port switch will solve the other issues but yay(!) it works so well! Steam streaming to the rescue!

Anyway, I like the changes to the interface and its starting to come together... My brief flying of the freelancer seemed better but I still can't shoot properly.. Need to practice lots!

Bring on planet landings!

Soldato
My wife bought me the new Thrustmaster 16000m TCS HOTAS for Christmas. Sadly, thrustmaster doesn't have a Star Citizen TARGET profile for the joystick and throttle combined, and I'm having so much difficulty in binding controls for it. Why can't these things just be simple, spent 2 hours trying to figure out something that feels right today but just ended up getting frustrated, there are just to many controls.

Soldato
My wife bought me the new Thrustmaster 16000m TCS HOTAS for Christmas. Sadly, thrustmaster doesn't have a Star Citizen TARGET profile for the joystick and throttle combined, and I'm having so much difficulty in binding controls for it. Why can't these things just be simple, spent 2 hours trying to figure out something that feels right today but just ended up getting frustrated, there are just to many controls.

I'm pretty sure one of the two presets from thrustmaster for target contains both throttle and stick I will have a look shortly for you :)

Back
Top Bottom