*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

Soldato
Are there still problems with GTAV online? :confused:

Read a lot of reviews on steam saying online was ruined by cheaters & also that Rockstar have perma-banned people falsely but are not willing to look into the case or unban anyone?!
Also saw a video of one guy getting banned live on stream (he didn't seem to be cheating).

Soldato
Are there still problems with GTAV online? :confused:

Read a lot of reviews on steam saying online was ruined by cheaters & also that Rockstar have perma-banned people falsely but are not willing to look into the case or unban anyone?!
Also saw a video of one guy getting banned live on stream (he didn't seem to be cheating).

This is the only thing putting me off buying gta5, chance of getting banned for no reason, do you still get to play single player campaign if banned thou, loads of posts all over steam and the net about it.

Associate
The trouble is that people mod their games to use on singleplayer but then do not remove the mods when they go online.. so the anti-cheat just sees a load of modified files, which is ofcourse suspicious

Not played it in a few months but when i was last playing it, there wasnt any cheaters on.. rockstar has improved its systems a lot as there is no more (from what i saw) item spawning, teleporting etc

@prjwebb - Out of that list it would be The division, gta 5 or fallout 4 for me.. all great games and well worth buying, it just depends on what you want to play

Associate
Hmm, GTA5 is probably the one I'm least inclined to go for. I've played a few of the other GTAs on console and always have fun messing around for a while and seeing how much destruction I can cause. Isn't 5 heavily about grinding money for buying stuff?

I tried playing Fallout 2 I think on PS. Apparently I didn't give it enough of a chance it didn't capture my interest enough to even get out of the bunker. Possibly because if was years after it was released and it looked and felt very dated at that point. IV looks pretty good...

I've never played Hitman before, but I like the sound of it. I'm a fan of stealth and assassination games so that appeals to me. Maybe I should watch a few videos or a stream.

MGS looks fantastic for the stealth action too.

I like the look of The Division but is it the kind of game you need to pour insane hours into and grind for gear or is it something that can be played casually on the side of other games? And does it need to be played in a group or is solo fun?
I guess I could find people to play with in the OCUK Discord but I imagine everyone is max level and playing DZ and I'll be a full noob :D

Associate
Hmm, GTA5 is probably the one I'm least inclined to go for. I've played a few of the other GTAs on console and always have fun messing around for a while and seeing how much destruction I can cause. Isn't 5 heavily about grinding money for buying stuff?

I tried playing Fallout 2 I think on PS. Apparently I didn't give it enough of a chance it didn't capture my interest enough to even get out of the bunker. Possibly because if was years after it was released and it looked and felt very dated at that point. IV looks pretty good...

I've never played Hitman before, but I like the sound of it. I'm a fan of stealth and assassination games so that appeals to me. Maybe I should watch a few videos or a stream.

MGS looks fantastic for the stealth action too.

I like the look of The Division but is it the kind of game you need to pour insane hours into and grind for gear or is it something that can be played casually on the side of other games? And does it need to be played in a group or is solo fun?
I guess I could find people to play with in the OCUK Discord but I imagine everyone is max level and playing DZ and I'll be a full noob :D

fallout 2 is VERY different to fallout 3/4

Ive only recently bought the division but im currently 45 hours in and not bored yet. and not doing any grinding...
It doesnt need to be played in a group unless you want to do the really high difficulties - once you get decent gear you can solo most stuff

check the division thread, theres a lot of people that play it and group up too - it wont take long to get max level (its only 30)

Soldato
I have a £20 stream voucher to spend.

Trying to pick between:

GTA5
The Division
Hitman
MGS The Phantom Pain
Fallout 4

Any thoughts?

Fallout 4 and then GTA V

Watch a few videos of them and go from there.
I really enjoyed GTA (never bothered with online) and the modding scene with Fallout 4 is huge along with all the sidequests.

Soldato

Not at all. Okay you can buy various properties and stuff and I guess if you wanted to buy everything then you would need to, but only if you're so inclined. Personally I loved it, the characters, missions and story all fantastic, I didn't do any grinding.

Back
Top Bottom