most painful experiance apple online chat.

HAz

HAz

Soldato
OP
I read it all. Yes, it was long winded but they offered to fix your phone for you, then you walked away and didn't reply.

In the time it took to have the conversation, you could have driven to the nearest Apple store and as it was in warranty, they'd have changed it on the spot.

I could have gone into Exeter done my whole Xmas shopping, seen a geniuses in the Apple Store and then got home and still been quicker.

I just had to walk away from my computer and get a coffee, I was so close to jumping out the 3rd floor window by that point

Soldato
I can totally understand OP's concerns, most people in this thread aren't being realistic. I do IT support and this sort of scripted/acting nonsense would be absolutely unacceptable round here. I'm expected to fix things as quick as possible, hang up and then I can doss around doing nothing as much as I want. Must be a pretty **** place to work if they have to resort to padding out support calls to make it look as if they've been working all day.

The reality is this is a 3 minute support call, tops.

2 hours to do some low level troubleshooting and find out someone's address is absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:
Associate
I can totally understand OP's concerns, most people in this thread aren't being realistic. I do IT support and this sort of scripted/acting nonsense would be absolutely unacceptable round here. I'm expected to fix things as quick as possible, hang up and then I can doss around doing nothing as much as I want. Must be a pretty **** place to work if they have to resort to padding out support calls to make it look as if they've been working all day.

2 hours to do some low level troubleshooting and find out someone's address is absolutely ridiculous.

Ah and now I see the problem. Thanks for the insight - wasn't obvious from the text that it was 2 hours long. That's awful!

HAz

HAz

Soldato
OP

Finally a man with sense of understanding.What I've been trying to say all along.

Soldato

But OP's example is live chat rather than a call. Scripts are pretty standard for live chat and may well speed up the process (as the rep doesn't have to type out the text).

Agree that 2 hours is a long time, but it's not clear from the chat how much of the delay was down to the rep and how much down to OP.

Soldato
2 hours or not.. You walked away from the chat and now have the cheek to complain they ended it... i totally understand your patience had worn thin and if you had only been complaining about the time it took, then id agree with you, near 2 hours is ridiculous!
But You walked away from the chat, not the advisor, so dont moan about them ending the chat and therefore not knowing if things would proceed... when the advisor had no idea you had gone for coffee.

If you had been in a store talking to a salesperson, that you felt was being too slow and taking too much of your time... would you just walk off to get a drink then too?? Leaving them mid sale/help, with no clue what you are up to??

HAz

HAz

Soldato
OP
If you had been in a store talking to a salesperson, that you felt was being too slow and taking too much of your time... would you just walk off to get a drink then too?? Leaving them mid sale/help, with no clue what you are up to??

Uh yep if they was taking that long

Back
Top Bottom