Is this legit Office365 ?

Associate
There's several copies of 365 on the bay for under £20
Home edition and ive been asked to see if it looks legit.

basically there reselling their education framework to personal users.
Doesn't sound right, but MS aren't pulling the listings and in the listings they've put they have the right to resell. (hmmm fibbing?)

Anyway, basically they sign you up with an address to use. but doesn't that then mean they can also pull the account a year later, and whoever set the account up has full access to your mailbox/onedrive? or am I wrong.

Advice please.

thanks

Soldato
Office 365 starts at around the £120 for an outright purchase or around £40/year for subscription.
So without digging any deeper, £20 is not going to be legitimate in any way.

Of course they are going to say "we are allowed to resell" doesn't make the listing any more legitimate.

Soldato
I bought a few copies recently off said site. First one was completely legit, genuine and cost me a tenner. Second was £15 but was a hacked copy and my antivirus was all over it so got a refund.

Soldato
I bought a few copies recently off said site. First one was completely legit, genuine and cost me a tenner. Second was £15 but was a hacked copy and my antivirus was all over it so got a refund.

As above. You did NOT pay £10 for a fully license legal copy of Microsoft Office 2016.
You paid for some dodgy, most likely educational licence which, at the moment has not been deactivated for £10.

Soldato
As above. You did NOT pay £10 for a fully license legal copy of Microsoft Office 2016.
You paid for some dodgy, most likely educational licence which, at the moment has not been deactivated for £10.

This,I remember buying a Windows 7 key that was fine for a few years then one day..it just "Not genuine"..i contacted Microsoft who then told me the key had been blocked because it was an OEM key that had been used several times on different machines.

Dont really understand why people would want to pay over the top for M$ office,When there are fantastic free alternatives (openoffice,Libreoffice)etc.

Associate
I remember something similar from ebay and basically they were selling you a download link to there own copy which was in like dropbox etc and then giving you a license key to use,

Soldato
Agree with the post above really.
If you want Microsoft Office, then take one of the legitimate routes. Less than a week ago Amazon were selling (direct) the Office 365 Home subscription for £40.
So £40 for up to 5 devices running Office 2016 for a year.
Even the quite standard online pricing of around £60 - £65 for a year for five devices really is a good one.
365 Personal is available for around £35 - £40 for the year (regular price) which gives you full Office on one device.

If you don't need MS Office. If you don't want to pay - plenty of 95% compatible free options out there.

Soldato
It's not legit. Even if it works, you are no more licensed than someone who downloads it for free. You'd just be paying for a pirate copy.

Dont really understand why people would want to pay over the top for M$ office,When there are fantastic free alternatives (openoffice,Libreoffice)etc.

Mainly because LibreOffice doesn't support MS Office files properly. I just downloaded the most recent version (5.2.4), but the compatibility still isn't there - Writer has messed up a basic header/footer, and Calc refuses to recognise a pivot table. Almost everyone uses Office, so until Libre is compatible with MS Office files (at least to the extent of basic features like the above), it's not a feasible option.

Also, LibreOffice has a rubbish UI. It looks like Office 2003.

Soldato

Had to ring through to ms to swap it to another pc and all good :D

Associate
OP
Back
Top Bottom