US: Travelers - 2016

Permabanned
Watched a few episodes on Netflix too and quite like it so far, for some reason i expected it to be like the other new time travel show but it's nothing like it.

Soldato
That's what I like about it, a few changes in dialogue and its a contemporary show and not sci fi. It's one if the reasons Asimovs Elijah Bailey novels are among my favourites, despite being set 20000 years in the future they're just detective novels and with minor changes they could be contemporary.

Man of Honour
I liked it but it didn't really grab me - a few tweaks I think it would have been really good - I'll probably continue with it unless it goes downhill but won't be priority watching.

Associate
Watched the first 2. Not great, but the missus seems to like this.
The second episode wound me up though. They were keeping their anti-matter generator thing in a garage unguarded (just some guys at the front gate, but from then on, go where you like)? The scientist woman waited there by herself with a gun for the military to return? What was her actual thinking there, she would have been killed or arrested, it's the freaking US military!? What happened to all the other employees?

I didn't like how the scout girl's voice changed either when she became a messenger. They would have had to modify her vocal cords to sound like a robot.

Soldato
Really liked this, only just saw it appear on Netflex over New Year - seen two episodes and will continue tonight to see if it continues as good as it started.

Man of Honour
Didn't get half way through the first episode. Didn't like it at all - nonsense.

It gets a bit better once it ties it all together - but still a lot of things don't quite sit right (I suspect partly due to budget constraints in the production). I've found it ok for killing time or putting on on the side while working on something, etc. but not pulled into it.

Soldato
I enjoyed this. Don't feel it has a story arch to explain everything though. I feel like there winging it.
That said I enjoy Canadian programs. A lot of sci-fi is filmed there.

Back
Top Bottom