Man of Honour 2016

Soldato
I am not convinced that is the case.
The original calling out on the anon thread was preceded or followed swiftly by someone actually calling him out.

I thought that person was oldcoals, but didn't want to say, as he had not posted in this thread, now he has. So, it is worth asking, did you catch him out on something, or is my memory of the entire series of events more cloudy than it should be?

I didn't actually see the thread that was removed, so I wasn't even aware such a thread existed until someone mentioned it in this thread. We don't speak of removed threads contents I suppose, but there existence is another matter.

I enjoyed debating with Castiel but I did find that I quickly gave it up, as I was unwilling to forgoe what I was actually trying to state by getting caught up in pedantry, and the interpretation of a single word. Spirt of post versus exactly poorly linguistically wording of post, and some such.

I had assumed given that he hasn't been banned and just stopped posting that it was self enforced exist following his medical discovery thread.
I had always assumed he was still around, just not posting in the fashion he used to.
He did have quite an eloquence, but had an amazing desire to 'win' in everything he posted.

Reminded me of Jade Constantine when EvE first launched. For good and bad.

Man of Honour
I am willing to hold on to my unpopular view, I learnt a great deal from Castiel in Speakers Corner and he is sorely missed by this forum member.

No one who has spoken ill of Castiel here appears to be willing to post a link to any thread/post demonstrating that he lied. Even I can search the forum posts with my paltry PC skills.

If it makes the haters feel better about the quality of their posts then keep the trolling going without any evidence.

It is hard not to conclude it is just old fashioned jealousy from folk who are exquisitely butt sore from when they were powned by that forum buddy.

I'm one who has spoken ill about him but I still think he was a clever man who knew how to Google/WIKI. I don't know of any lies he told but my criticism of him is that he would never back down when proved wrong. He would twist & turn out of a spot and that's why I posted the above about the boathouse.
I don't remember the thread but his MO was to claim it was green, make 50 posts about it being green, realise he was now wrong but then find a green boathouse somewhere in Hereford and claim that's what he was on about.
I loved reading his posts and learned a lot but sometimes it got really embarrassing when he was shoved up a corner.

Soldato
I had assumed given that he hasn't been banned and just stopped posting that it was self enforced exist following his medical discovery thread.
I had always assumed he was still around, just not posting in the fashion he used to.

Oh no, he did a full on WAAHHH WAHHH I'M LEAVING thread, a couple if I recall with the same text to make sure it got him enough attention. I think it's still around if you search. He'd be loving this thread now though.

I found it impossible to discuss anything with him, because as you say he was never wrong, he also obviously had a great deal of time on his hands and would just flood the thread with his same point of view until others just gave up posting. He would literally destroy threads because of that.

Back
Top Bottom