**DER8AUER DELID-DIE-MATE PRICE DROP**

OcUK Staff
No. This will only be within new Kabylake bundles.

5930K is possible to delid yes but you need a special tool to do so. Very few have this capability. We developed one for internal testing only. In general the difference delidding an X socket CPU is only 8 degrees or so and not upto 30 as with 4 Core Z platform.

Soldato
No. This will only be within new Kabylake bundles.

5930K is possible to delid yes but you need a special tool to do so. Very few have this capability. We developed one for internal testing only. In general the difference delidding an X socket CPU is only 8 degrees or so and not upto 30 as with 4 Core Z platform.

The LGA2011 chips are soldered to their heatspreaders so it's a whole lot more effort. On the plus side because they're soldered there's not as much of a benefit to delidding them anyway.

Makes sense, Cheers.

OcUK Staff
You dont need to reseal. We do for customers when we send out but its not essential at all.

Just replace the TIM with liquid metal. None of my own CPU do I ever reseal it. NO NEED.

Associate
You dont need to reseal. We do for customers when we send out but its not essential at all.

Just replace the TIM with liquid metal. None of my own CPU do I ever reseal it. NO NEED.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Gonna run it stock for a week or two then delid so I can revel in the temp drop.

Happy New Year

Soldato
This is a nifty little invention, folks that want to get involved in this process but lack confidence will go nuts for this.
I appreciate its a small market but I hope commercial purchasers dont bend this guy over and he makes a few bob out of it.

Soldato
If you are not brave enough to use Liquid Metal once delidded with this tool, what is the next best thing? Im tempted to get one to delid my 4770k and finally try and get a decent OC out of it (running the Gigabyte OC util atm so its definitely overvolted imho) although i have to say Haswell OC'ing confuses the hell outta me.

Back
Top Bottom