PC Randomly Powering On

Associate
Ever since I installed Windows 10 my PC is constantly booting up on its own. :mad:

I’ve checked & changed every BIOs & Windows settings I can think of but nothing seems to be making a difference. :(

I am clearly missing something and it’s driving me insane as I feel I have literally checked everything. :confused:

Any help would be massively appreciated :D

Motherboard is: ASRock Z97 Pro3

Soldato
Simple but easy to try.. sticky power button, tried unplugging the power button from motherboard? Still happening?

Does it turn on from a shut down, or is it waking from sleep?

Hitman
Soldato
I had this and it was driving me insane. Managed to fix it in the end.

Some things to do / check:

- Open Command Prompt with Administration rights (Windows Key > type command and it should show, right click and 'Run as administrator').
- Type powercfg -requests - is anything listed? On my computer, High Definition Audio Device was always listed. Let me know if anything is listed and I'll tell you how to override it.

- Go to Device Manager and check your Network Adapters and Keyboards/Mice. Do any of them have permission to wake the computer? (Power Management tab)

- Go to Advanced Power Options. Go through the various options and see if 'Allow Wake Timers' is enabled for anything.

- Go to Local Group Policy Editor (Windows Key > Type local and it should show), then Computer Configuration > Administrative Template > Windows Components > Windows Update. Look for 'Enabling Windows Update Power Management...' and disable it.

- Go to Task Scheduler (Windows Key > Type task and it should show), then Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > UpdateOrchestrator. Find 'Reboot' > right click Properties > Condition and untick 'Wake the computer to run this task'.

A restart will be required for most of these. The one which really fixed the issue for me was the first point.

Associate
OP
Thanks guys will try these when I get in from night-shift. :D

should have mention it's waking itself up after being shutdown. :o

I initially thought it was just ever morning between 6 to 9 but not long after that I noticed it would power up on an evening & daft clock in the morning. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom