• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Where's all the new GPU's?

Associate
You can see it all (NVIDIA) here (and some other places):
https://www.twitch.tv/nvidia/v/112192165?t=10m05s

That's NVIDIA's turn done.
Mainly auto-piloting cars to be available in 2020. It opens a clear path to all vehicles having auto-driving capability which could realise the dream of centrally managed traffic resulting in traffic flow perfection.
Also an expensive way to make any Steam game playable at high quality through the internet ($25 for 20 hours at the basic performance level, less time for higher performance options).

No 1080ti at CES.

Last edited:
Soldato
idk there really need to be another lightning or hawk card. 980ti are impossible to find and no current cards are lghtning or hawk models. only gaming cards :(

Soldato
I've skimmed through a few atricles online and it seems that there's been no GPU's showcased at CES? perhaps i missed something ?

What GPUs? We know AMD Vega will come later in H1 2017. (May - June)
We only had some skimming of the Vega CNU and tech today.

Nvidia said nothing, and doubt there is anything in the horizon.
And I do not see any 1080Ti tbh.

Either they will refresh the 1080 as 1180 with higher clocks and higher voltages (current cap is 1.093v) or go straight next year for Volta.

As said previously, there is no chip to produce the 1080Ti.
Cutting down the TXP chip, which is a cut down Quadro chip, will create a GPU barely, more likely not, faster than the 1080.

And still given the architectural layout of the GPU, I doubt they can chop further the Quadro chip and get a useful GPU out of it.

While it makes no sense. Why chop it for a 1080Ti, when they can sell a TXP with much higher profit?

But logic and rational thinking has gone away on this forum these days it seems, believing on clickbait websites and rumour mills. (this is rhetorical....)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
What GPUs? We know AMD Vega will come later in H1 2017. (May - June)
We only had some skimming of the Vega CNU and tech today.

Nvidia said nothing, and doubt there is anything in the horizon.
And I do not see any 1080Ti tbh.

Either they will refresh the 1080 as 1180 with higher clocks and higher voltages (current cap is 1.093v) or go straight next year for Volta.

As said previously, there is no chip to produce the 1080Ti.
Cutting down the TXP chip, which is a cut down Quadro chip, will create a GPU barely, more likely not, faster than the 1080.

And still given the architectural layout of the GPU, I doubt they can chop further the Quadro chip and get a useful GPU out of it.

While it makes no sense. Why chop it for a 1080Ti, when they can sell a TXP with much higher profit?

But logic and rational thinking has gone away on this forum these days it seems, believing on clickbait websites and rumour mills. (this is rhetorical....)

Thanks for the input. I don't know enough about 'cutting gpus' i was expecting a 1080 ti as they advertised a job relative to the aforementioned gpu.

I've been waiting for a 4k/60 card for ages (see sig) but not for £1100

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for the input. I don't know enough about 'cutting gpus' i was expecting a 1080 ti as they advertised a job relative to the aforementioned gpu.

I've been waiting for a 4k/60 card for ages (see sig) but not for £1100

yeah I remember that discussion and I am pretty sure I said to never believe stuff like or not read too much into it :)

Back
Top Bottom