• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Soldato
I would be really love to see AMD winning any major OEM commitment to availability on release - or even as an advertised option for purchase. There was a lot of news about AM4 boards shipping to OEMs - it would be great to see that following through with a major partnership with one of the big OEMs.

Associate
I see, so you would rather have people on the government dole, but that is a subject for another matter and section of the forum, if only you knew the purpose of unions maybe you might understand, I suggest you read the 8 rules of Alinsky.

Not really. We'd probably never get Zen APUs if we followed that path. :D

Soldato
You will notice a difference mate when you upgrade your CPU.

Depends on the software. In BF4 or BF1 maxed out I might well see a difference at 1080p and a 60hz monitor . In Doom (especially in Vulcan) I probably wouldn't detect a difference because a Phenom II is enough to push the minimum framerate well above the monitor's refresh - and there is negligible to no improvement to be had from a better CPU.

Certain things bother me. Missing visual effects I know could be there does(and there are some cases where a fast CPU helps with physics or lighting). For running with a 30fps cap to get a consistent framerate when I know I could be running at 60 - well I know I could improve but I'd like to keep the money for now.

It would be different if I had a VR headset and dropping below 90 induced motion sickness but I don't (nor do I have any intention of buying into VR).

An upgrade will come - but it will either be when I want to play a game where I find the performance intolerable or I see such an outstanding CPU+motherboard bargain I just can't pass it up. My PC's been upgraded piece by piece since building it in 2003. That occasionally means there's a bit of a hardware mismatch - but it's the software and my own subjective preference on how it runs that dictates when I upgrade components - not because X will bottleneck Y.

Last edited:
Associate
Oh man, all this Ryzen hype has finally got to me. I have an FX-4350 which has served me well and it never bothered me, but now I feel like I must get an 8c/16t as soon as it comes out.

Last edited:
Caporegime
standard linus none informative, click bate poo, with half the video as an ad as normal :p

Not going to bother learning what the "top 5 features" are.

Here's what I imagine most our top "top 5 most wanted" features are:

1. More FPS.
2. Quicker.
3. Faster.
4. Less waiting.
5. More speed.

<Clooney> What else? </Clooney>

Caporegime
what do you want him to say ? big events business ndas :p

we will know soon enough.as for linus same thing.he cant tell you.why are you suprised you learned nothing new.:D

Back
Top Bottom