BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Associate
That's brutal, and I thought mine was bad only able to achieve 13Mbps average on Infinity.

How far are you from the exchange?

About 3.5km for ADSL2, currently has a sync of 4544/947. Tried infinity when it was first available 3 years ago, estimate then was 10-14, got 5Mb/0.5Mb, had infinity removed a week later and back to adsl since then!

Infinity cabinet is about 1500m down the road.

Rural broadband has been and gone, BT came in under budget here (yay :( ), so I've been screwed over twice, once with this pathetic offering, and second because it was *activated*, it wasn't part of the rural rollout. I'm not really rural anyway, it's just a long (main) road.

APM

APM

Associate
Here's mine,

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availibility Date

WBC SOGEA Availibility Date

WBC FTTC 18x2 Provide Availability

WBC FTTC 18x2 Sim Availability
High Low High Low
VDSL Range A (Clean) 80 74.2 20 20 -- Available -- -- Yes
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 80 55 20 17.6 -- Available -- -- Yes

Featured Products

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTP Availability Date

FTTP on Demand 330 30 -- Available -- -- --

ADSL Products

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 6 -- 4 to 8 Available -- -- --
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 6 Up to 1 4 to 8 Available -- -- --
ADSL Max Up to 5 -- 3.5 to 7.5 Available -- -- --
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available -- -- --
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available

Man of Honour
do BT have any kind of way to save on Line Rental? It keeps rising and rising and is getting ridiculous. With other suppliers I was able to pay in bulk and get a discount, do BT have anything like this?

Associate
Whats the go to modem router combo to replace the homehub. I've just had the homehub 5 installed (due to the old homehub + router box giving up on me) but it seems to have disconnected a couple of times whilst on xbox live tonight.

I was previously looking at something like ASUS DSL-AC68U AC1900. Any suggestions?

Soldato
If you guys want a laugh... This is a neighbour not mine, VDSL doesn't show up at all for me
We were previously on a EO line and moved to a new cabinet
0it6PPQ.png
Fortunately we are getting FTTP in the next few months :p

So Openreach have wasted money by installing a FTTC cabinet too far away to benefit from superfast speeds, only to then upgrade the copper between your house and cabinet to fibre. Why bother, why not just save the ££££ from putting the cabinet there and have EO fibre lines?

Associate
So Openreach have wasted money by installing a FTTC cabinet too far away to benefit from superfast speeds, only to then upgrade the copper between your house and cabinet to fibre. Why bother, why not just save the ££££ from putting the cabinet there and have EO fibre lines?

The exchange previously had around 40% EO lines most of which within 1km which were all moved to this new FTTC cab. We were just unfortunate that we are still too far away to benefit. It wasn't until after this we realised we were to far away we launch a community project to bring us FTTP

Soldato
Trust message sent.

Thanks for sorting this MissChief - Was good to speak to you the other day. BT are due tomorrow, however I decided I'd take a look being in the industry and think I found the problem myself :o

FXCcCHKl.jpg

Will ask them to put a proper faceplate on the master (this is actually a extension to my knowledge, they'll obviously confirm with a tone) and hopefully the issue will be resolved.

Soldato
I have been activated this evening. Downstream sync speed is showing as 55Mbps, which I will be very happy with if it stays stable, as I am on Unlimited Infinity 1.

Soldato
OMGOMGOMGOMG! *heavy breathing*

"Fiber is now available in your area"! Amazing!

Moved from 150Mb Virgin cable to 5Mb ADSL when we moved house. This morning it almost brought a tear to my eye :D

Back
Top Bottom