*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Associate
Anyone having a crack at this 100mil mission?

Went over to the alien ruins last night and it seems pretty complex. The guys in the FD Forum canon thread are all over it but it looks like the combinations of relics are different for everyone.

About to head over there myself this evening :)

You get 1M credits for each successful scan you complete and if you unlock every combination then you will get the 100M bonus.

Thread here contains everything you need to know (warning it is monstrous).

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...logy-and-other-mysteries-Thread-9-The-Canonn/

Soldato
And you didn't already have some sort of bounty on you?

1/. Did you scan him first and confirm that he was Wanted? If not, that is a crime.
2/. You said he was shooting at you... Did he actually score some hits on you before you fired? If not, that is also a crime.

The 200Cr fine is usually an indicator that you have not followed correct safety procedure and should fly off before you get into more trouble.

Yes, he scored hits on me. He took my shields all the way down. He was also wanted. I always scan before firing now, I learned that lesson sometime back after getting repeatedly raped in RES zones. And no, I had no bounties on me at all, in that system or any other.

Soldato
Cant investigate the ruins any further due to an old bug still not fixed for me and some other cmdrs.

No matter what i do i cant get my srvs to refuel.
Tried -

flew back to station to refuel and no
sold hangar bay for srvs and re bought new one and 4 srvs and no
tried verifying files and no

so im stuck with 4 srvs and no way to fuel them up.
I may buy a cheap ship to see if the issue persists in that but not an ideal solution.

And i have reported the issue more than once.

Associate
Cant investigate the ruins any further due to an old bug still not fixed for me and some other cmdrs.

No matter what i do i cant get my srvs to refuel.
Tried -

flew back to station to refuel and no
sold hangar bay for srvs and re bought new one and 4 srvs and no
tried verifying files and no

so im stuck with 4 srvs and no way to fuel them up.
I may buy a cheap ship to see if the issue persists in that but not an ideal solution.

And i have reported the issue more than once.

Can you craft the fuel using Sulphur and Phosphorous ??

Soldato
Game is unplayable tonight. It's OK once I'm in a system, but 90% of the time when I'm FSD'ing to a different system I'm getting kicked out of the game with the "Could not connect to the match making servers" error. Then just to rub more salt into the wound the game crashes on the spinning ship with the "Direct3D could not lock a buffer" error.

This is on both Solo and Open play too.

Associate
I have the matchmaking error tonight too

When a lot of people are online the server bugs descend upon me too. Frontier are apparently, iirc, rewriting the netcode that will hopefully fix it. Until then I guess it is a grin and bear it situation, or in my case, log off & comeback the following day.

Soldato
But surely there is far less people playing now anyway?

How can they still be having network issues?

On steam there has been quite a pick up of daily players. Peak numbers of over 12k today.

It seems ED has managed to gain new players on steam over Christmas. Need to see if they stay on board though...

Associate
On steam there has been quite a pick up of daily players. Peak numbers of over 12k today.

It seems ED has managed to gain new players on steam over Christmas. Need to see if they stay on board though...

I think more of them will, I have after holding off buying until Horizons as I didn't think there was quite enough content to keep there with vanilla ED. There is still the learning curve/brick wall issue though imho (it is better - but I'm still googling stuff!).

Back
Top Bottom