• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD VEGA confirmed for 2017 H1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I'm not convinced AMD will be on intel and Nvidia's level and even if they match their performance now, Chances are Nvidia will have something faster ready to ship in afew months.. we can only hope it'll help with the prices because the pound is so weak right now that Cards are just too expensive.

Soldato
I'm not convinced AMD will be on intel and Nvidia's level and even if they match their performance now, Chances are Nvidia will have something faster ready to ship in afew months.. we can only hope it'll help with the prices because the pound is so weak right now that Cards are just too expensive.

Volta is due 2018. Only respin of pascal with higher clocks will come out of Nvidia and that with a big IF.
Same applies to the 1080ti, which rumour mill will go on and on until next year.

Caporegime
May I ask did you consider Fury X at all? It is quite competitive with 1070 but much cheaper if you can find one

Where do you even find a cheap Fury X these days :confused:

From a quick google I have found some but they are nearly £500....which is a few quid short of 1080 territory.

Last edited:
Associate
Are you saying they cost more than 1070? The Wine ain't THAT Fine

But I fear that I worked myself up so much, for going AMD and Vega, that I might not last until May and buy a Fury to pair up with my Freesync monitor.

Caporegime
Are you saying they cost more than 1070? The Wine ain't THAT Fine

But I fear that I worked myself up so much, for going AMD and Vega, that I might not last until May and buy a Fury to pair up with my Freesync monitor.

Yes, you would be mad to pay the Fury X prices I have just seen when you can get a really good 1080 for not much more.

Soldato
Volta is due 2018. Only respin of pascal with higher clocks will come out of Nvidia and that with a big IF.
Same applies to the 1080ti, which rumour mill will go on and on until next year.

Nevermind Volta, 1080Ti will be announced at PAX East in March, and it is already going to defeat VEGA. Nvidia will know what VEGA is capable of, and that the 1080Ti is enough to beat it, hence why they held off announcing at CES. They want maximum impact on VEGA sales, which is why they delayed once they realised VEGA wasn't going to be released until May. Nvidia know what they're doing, AMD just up to their old marketing hype tricks.

Soldato
Where do you even find a cheap Fury X these days :confused:

From a quick google I have found some but they are nearly £500....which is a few quid short of 1080 territory.

I actually bought mine from the mainland for €380. A brand new XFX model.
Got it after the fiasco of the RX 480 launch where AIB versions never appeared, ended up paying only a small bit more than the Devil 480 would have cost me; and got a much better performance card.

Soldato
And yet you think AMD should charge *MORE* for a comparable product... that's a YEAR late?

I think if its quicker than a non-binned 1080 then they can yes.

I will buy a Vega or two to replace my Nvidia cards, no problem, looking forward to it and partnering them with some Zen goodness.

My new laptop has a 1080 and a KabyLake in it, looking forward to that too, I will post my thoughts in the laptop forum.

Associate
Nevermind Volta, 1080Ti will be announced at PAX East in March, and it is already going to defeat VEGA. Nvidia will know what VEGA is capable of, and that the 1080Ti is enough to beat it, hence why they held off announcing at CES. They want maximum impact on VEGA sales, which is why they delayed once they realised VEGA wasn't going to be released until May. Nvidia know what they're doing, AMD just up to their old marketing hype tricks.
said the guy who doesn't know **** lol

Soldato
That so far in Doom at 4K, it matches a GTX 1080 that's overclocked at 2250Mhz.

Don't know where you heard that but a gtx 1080 at 2025mhz running same map, same res and same settings is faster than the shown VEGA.

Settings etc around 4:20

Obviously when VEGA is released with better drivers, overclocked etc. I expect it to be faster than the 1080 personally. Although depends entirely on its DX11 performance too and we haven't seen much of that yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom