headrest replacement

Associate
hey guys, currently driving a 52 plate fiesta, have been for about 6 months now, and my only annoyance really is the headrests, they don't tilt forward and i end up with a sore neck (iv yanked on these things, they don't move), even bought a headrest cushion, same deal, it helps but not much, has anyone any idea what other vehicle has the same kind of headrests in it which i could swap mine out for?

Honestly at this stage i wouldn't even care if they weren't the right color :D i know i should probably be looking at another fiesta/ford, or an aftermarket maybe? not even sure if there are any aftermarket available for it, my small google search didn't come up with much, thought id ask in here, rather than going the local scrappy and askin if i can "test fit" one or two.

Soldato
Do you have some sort on neck problem? I have always understood headrests are just meant to stop your head being snapped back in a crash, you not meant to actually rest your head on them, or at least in the 17 years I have been driving, I never have

Soldato
You can rest your head on them yeah, that's no issue. But they are primarily a head restraint and that's why in some cars it probably isn't possible to rest your head on it comfortably.

Soldato
Sounds like your seat is reclined back too far... try to bring it forward? From memory B256 Fiesta was fixed only, all variants...... Mk1 Focus possibly has same pitch on the stems, if the height lock is the same side possibly would work, at your own risk if it came out in an accident.

As other have said they are designed as a restraint in the event of an accident, not as a rest.... They are deliberately distanced away enough not to upset ladies with a pony tail etc, but close enough to minimise whiplash in a crash.
Don't ever drive/sit in a car without them....

Associate
OP
got my seat almost bolt upright, if i have it reclined back too much my back hurts, my gf's dad has a focus, might borrow one of his headrests an check it, hopefully it will, if the height lock doesnt work i wont bother, as ur right about if im in an accident, could do me more harm than good, will check it out tho

Back
Top Bottom