Amazon Fire TV

Associate
Hoping someone can answer this...

Is there any way that I can stop my TV auto-selecting the Fire TV HDMI input when it is turned on? It's fine when you want to use it, but when you don't , is annoying.

Any solutions appreciated, guess it could just be the way the TV is setup?

Associate

Is there any way that I can stop my TV auto-selecting the Fire TV HDMI input when it is turned on? It's fine when you want to use it, but when you don't , is annoying.

On mine only HDMI 1 does that,maybe change to another HDMI port if you can.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Guys, just a gentle reminder as with the Kodi thread, any mentions of addons will be removed and risk the thread being nuked. Please no more mentions of questionable sources. I don't want the minority spoiling it for the majority.

Soldato
I've given up using my Fire TV for the main TV as it's slow and annoying, got a android box for Kodi and Plex which works much better and loads videos quicker and can do 4K video.

All for less than the Fire TV cost me.

Soldato

As said, why are you turning it on if you dont want to use it? Fire TV goes to sleep if you are not using it so the TV wont auto select it unless you press the remote to wake it up

Soldato
I have a similar issue where I boot up my PS4 which wakes my Sony TV and it switches to the PS4 AV channel. Then the Fire TV goes NOPE and takes over and switches to that.

I just press the PS button on the pad again to switch back but it is a minor irritation.

Soldato
I've given up using my Fire TV for the main TV as it's slow and annoying, got a android box for Kodi and Plex which works much better and loads videos quicker and can do 4K video.

All for less than the Fire TV cost me.

what android box / specs did you get? Looking to replace the fire stick, and was looking for a fire tv but im edging more and more to an android box.

Associate
Why are you turning it on if you don't want to use it?

I didn't write that post very well. I meant that when i turn my TV on, even if the Fire is Idle/Sleep Mode, It still defaults to that input. It's just inconvenient and wondered if it was something i could change. Not really the end of the world...

Soldato
I didn't write that post very well. I meant that when i turn my TV on, even if the Fire is Idle/Sleep Mode, It still defaults to that input. It's just inconvenient and wondered if it was something i could change. Not really the end of the world...

Reading what other posters have already said, it looks as if some TV's connect by default to whichever device is plugged into the HDMI 1 port, so if this is not something which can be changed in "Setup" you might have to try plugging it in to one of the other HDMI ports.

Soldato
Ah, yes I see. What Montala said sounds right. I don't have an AV amp so my FireTV is direct into one of my HDMI inputs; and it doesn't default to it.

Soldato
what android box / specs did you get? Looking to replace the fire stick, and was looking for a fire tv but im edging more and more to an android box.

So for the slow reply, I only went basic, and bought the Bqeel M9C Pro Android Tv Box 6.0 which is a 1gb model, but much quicker than the firestick imo.

Soldato
An Android box with an S905/S905X chipset will be very quick with Kodi, much quicker than a Firestick. There is limitations with Android & Kodi though if you use things like 24Hz and/or DTS passthrough, however if losing Android isnt a major issue you can install LibreELEC and everything works great.

You can technically dual boot too, with LibreELEC on an SD card, although you lose a little bit of speed due to the read/write performance of the SD card vs NAND (Maybe not be massive if the onboard NAND isnt that that fast on your device, but that varies from device to device.)

P.S. I have a Nexbox A95X with 2GB ram and its been flawless.

Associate
Im going to buy the new nvidia shield tv for streaming kodi netflix amazon & android. Hopefully that will be a lot faster than my fire tv box, & on a + note I will be able to do a bit of gaming also.

Soldato
Im going to buy the new nvidia shield tv for streaming kodi netflix amazon & android. Hopefully that will be a lot faster than my fire tv box, & on a + note I will be able to do a bit of gaming also.
Let me know what the Amazon support is like. eg: If you get anything other than stereo sound etc!

Back
Top Bottom