Cherry MX green KBD with back light

Associate
Hello all

I have decided to treat myself with a good mechanical keyboard. So I got myself a Cherry Mx sampler with black, red, blue, green, brown and Raptor

I like the bump very much, I think I like the green best....and this is bad news...I wanted a kbd with back light...

the blue might be alright, and probably the clear as well (will I miss the sound, no idea) but i like the actuation on the green.

Would you have any advice, suggestions, experience,

I might go for 10keyless, backlight is a must, maybe the media keys (when you press FN)

thanks all

Associate
The Ducky shine fire 69 has mx greens on the letters and alphas and blues on the mods and the other mx switches on the other keys. You can try to look for someone who is offloading that board. I love typing on that board. And the MX greens feel changes -drastically- whether you are using ABS or PBT doubleshot keycaps.

Associate
OP
The Ducky shine fire 69 has mx greens on the letters and alphas and blues on the mods and the other mx switches on the other keys. You can try to look for someone who is offloading that board. I love typing on that board. And the MX greens feel changes -drastically- whether you are using ABS or PBT doubleshot keycaps.

Hello,
I have received it and what a joy! thanks for your help. :)

Mei

Mei

Soldato
greens are the heavier ones right?
do they have the sound or just a bump?
just wondering, i have one keyboard with brown one with clears right now, typing on clears feels so weird >.<

Associate
Where did you find it? That's a good price for that board. After some breaking in, all of my MX Green switches sound perfectly consistent on it and very clicky (a few needed some extra work done at first though).

Associate
I believe he's allowed to post who he bought the keyboard from. It's not like he's trying to sell it. These keyboards are not available from ocuk or any other reseller anyway. They were a limited run of 2000 units, much like ducky's Year of the xxx series. They were just available for a longer period of time than runs like the YOTG, since some people didn't like Ducky's first attempt at a Saturday Night Fever Disco keyboard, and the novelty switches (it was a successor to the Ducky shine 78). But for those who had never used MX blues or greens before, it was a no brainer purchase.

I already have this keyboard anyway. Got it from mk.com the first day it came out.

Associate
OP
I believe he's allowed to post who he bought the keyboard from. It's not like he's trying to sell it. These keyboards are not available from ocuk or any other reseller anyway. They were a limited run of 2000 units, much like ducky's Year of the xxx series. They were just available for a longer period of time than runs like the YOTG, since some people didn't like Ducky's first attempt at a Saturday Night Fever Disco keyboard, and the novelty switches (it was a successor to the Ducky shine 78). But for those who had never used MX blues or greens before, it was a no brainer purchase.

I already have this keyboard anyway. Got it from mk.com the first day it came out.

Well, I bought it from kustompcs.co.uk, it was on sale.

Back
Top Bottom