PWM pump filling

Associate
OP
really? its that easy? im sure i saw things where people told you make bypass the pwm pins with something similar as to what you put in the motherboard power plug.

Associate
This is what you need to do mate, otherwise it will run at 60% if PWM isn't plugged in. I found alternating the speeds between 60% & 100% whilst tipping the case was the easiest way to get the stubborn bubbles out.

9851238.jpeg

Associate
I did, but I did the loop in my last build early 2016 and it ran at 60% unless using a wire as shown in the picture, so definitely not changed 'couple years back' unless OcUK sent me VERY old stock... And yes, that was using an EK-XRES D5 PWM.

Associate
I did, but I did the loop in my last build early 2016 and it ran at 60% unless using a wire as shown in the picture, so definitely not changed 'couple years back' unless OcUK sent me VERY old stock... And yes, that was using an EK-XRES D5 PWM.

Thats strange I seen an ek rep on another forum saying all stock from last couple of years will be 100% without pwm and mine was.
Either way its more than enough for filling loop so I wouldnt bother doing anything other than just disconnect it for filling.

Associate
Looks like mine was one of the last older style and they were changed to default to 100% at some point in early - mid 2016, so that's saved you the need to shove a paperclip in the pins :D

Associate
OP
thanx for the tips guys. im thinking now maybe i couldn't do that because my case is so tight and i wouldn't be able to plug it in once loop was installed.

Associate
OP
I was thinking about that. I'm making an change next week so I'll look for a few bits I need and do it all then.

Thanx for the tips guys.

Back
Top Bottom