What TV shows are you currently watching

Associate
Woop, I traded with my sister - Amazon Prime access for Netflix access. Now I have Netflix, what should I go for? Everyone is saying Stranger Things. I've already seen JJ and Daredevil so Luke Cage is another I will watch.

Soldato
Woop, I traded with my sister - Amazon Prime access for Netflix access. Now I have Netflix, what should I go for? Everyone is saying Stranger Things. I've already seen JJ and Daredevil so Luke Cage is another I will watch.

Stranger Things is excellent, a near perfect series, I can fault very little with it.

I loved it but I didn't binge it, I deliberately only watched an episode a week as it was so good I kinda wanted to think about it for a few days before watching the next episode.

Like a good meal, you take your time over it and savour it.

Associate

Sense8 if very good if you can get past the first two episodes

Soldato
Sense8 if very good if you can get past the first two episodes

I personally would disagree with that and recommend you don't watch it. It's the first Netflix show I've taken off my list after watching all of S1. There are so many better shows. 'House of Cards' and 'Orange is the New Black' spring to mind, as does 'Narcos'.

Associate

I actually watched this ages ago (my sister changed her Netflix details and I've only just bothered to get them off her). I quite enjoyed it. Looking forward to the second season.

Soldato
I'm currently watching season 3 of the 100, I've still only watched 5 episodes of Jessica Jones, I want to start watching agents of shield but I don't know if I can bare the first 2 seasons.

Man of Honour

I'd recommend...

Stranger Things (obviously !)
Dirk Gently
House of Cards

Associate
I'd recommend...

Stranger Things (obviously !)
Dirk Gently
House of Cards

Yep, all these three, plus Archer if you haven't seen it (and if it's still on Netflix).

I'm currently watching the 1972 to 1983 tv show MASH, it's a very mixed bag but I'm enjoying it.

Soldato
I typically only get to watch one episode of something a night, if that, so currently watching.

Vikings
Halt and Catch Fire
Man in the High Castle
The Grand Tour

Tried the OA, didn't like it much. Thinking of going back to Hell on Wheels and starting from the beginning.

Fortitude starts in a week or so.

Soldato
MASH is an amazing show. By today's standards it's perhaps not as funny as some comedies, but how they blend in the seriousness of war sometimes, was fantastic. When Henry Blake finally went home, some of the best TV you can see.

The cast apparently were not told what would happen, so their reactions are kind of real... given it was about a fictional character

Soldato
I just finished season 1 of Shooter on Netflix, it was excellent, Ryan Philippe's acting was superb.

An even better but lesser known show is Startup on Amazon, a slow start but thoroughly compelling viewing, if a little dark at times. Martin Freeman was impressive.

EDIT: Oh and a gritty cop drama on Amazon is Bosch based on the Michael Connelly books, two are available on prime hopefully the third will start soon.

Lethal Weapon the series is great too, the actors are a really good pairing.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thinking of going back to Hell on Wheels and starting from the beginning.

I love the historic element to it, almost wild west type thing. It's a good show, although the writing and plots can be a little simple at times.

I just finished season 1 of Shooter on Netflix, it was excellent, Ryan Philippe's acting was superb.

Only 2 hours ago a friend was recommending this to me. I have too much to watch already though :(

Associate
Got a month's free Prime so watching an episode of Man in the High Castle per evening and really enjoying it. Read the book last summer. Same setting. Same character names. That's about it though. Enjoying it more than the book tbh

Associate

Stranger things was superb and I am Really enjoying narcos on Netflix but my guilty pleasure is lilyhammer :D

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I have just watched Fauda on Netflix, it's really good thriller. Look it up it's worth it but whatever you do no watch it dubbed in English, stick on the subtitles and watch it in it's original language. Th dubbing is rubbish.

Back
Top Bottom