Bikers What Cam Do You Use?

Soldato
I realise this thread is almost a year old, but thought it perhaps better than making a new one.

What options are there currently as a Dashcam alternative for a bike? I have a GoPro, but would like something more permanent, wired into thew power, comes on with the ignition and records on a loop.

As I say, basically a Dashcam, not a helmet cam. Any decent options? Obviously it would need to be quite discreet.

Soldato
Great thanks. I'm actually just watching Techmoan's review of that.

**EDIT** I don't see the Pro Biker version someone mentioned before? Very tempted to get the Innovv C3 though. I guess if the main box is under your seat or somewhere safe, it's unlikely the camera will be stolen as they'd have to cut the wire, which kinda renders it useless.

**EDIT2** Are the 120 degree camera with capacitor still available? The C3 isn't even listed for sale on Innovv's own website now?

Last edited:
Associate
I realise this thread is almost a year old, but thought it perhaps better than making a new one.

What options are there currently as a Dashcam alternative for a bike? I have a GoPro, but would like something more permanent, wired into thew power, comes on with the ignition and records on a loop.

As I say, basically a Dashcam, not a helmet cam. Any decent options? Obviously it would need to be quite discreet.

Nextbase Ride?

Its what I am looking at, but before I get it I am trying to work out how to wire it into the BMW CanBus system so the the record with power on function will work.

Although I really like the look of the Innovv twin camera setup but its the same issue with the CanBus if I can work out how to get round it then its a choice between the two of them.

Associate

Roadhawk is the one that comes to mind, does pretty much everything you'd just said.

Myself, I'm trying to find a 720p / 1080p camera that I can helmet mount that has decent battery life. Was looking at all the variants of the Hero but not sure what to buy yet.

Soldato
Myself, I'm trying to find a 720p / 1080p camera that I can helmet mount that has decent battery life. Was looking at all the variants of the Hero but not sure what to buy yet.

What do you class as decent battery life? If you want over 2 hours, forget it. You'll have to power it with a powerbank or carry extra batteries.

Soldato
Is there anyway to destroy the content immediately like mission impossible.

With any of the cameras.

You'd want to have an easily accessible card so it could be removed and disposed of.

Thinking out loud here but what about those wifi sd cards? Do they store data on the card and transmit it or do they send all data wirelessly? If it's the latter you could probably go somewhere with that idea..

Associate
What do you class as decent battery life? If you want over 2 hours, forget it. You'll have to power it with a powerbank or carry extra batteries.

After some more indepth Googling that does seem the case, might settle for the Hero Session then. Can charge it off one of my powerbanks / at work etc.

Back
Top Bottom