OnePlus 3T

Soldato
quite fancy one of these after getting sick of waiting for pixel xl to become available in 128gb and also thinking the price was a bit too much just wondering whats the sort of expected life cycle for software updates on these?

Soldato
Took me a bit of getting used to moving from my Nexus 5 which is smaller and lighter, if I'm honest I would prefer it smaller but that's just me, it's not an issue really and probably just me coming from a smaller phone so recently.

Associate
quite like the look of one of these, how do you guys find the size? it 5.5" not too big?
In my short time with it I think the screen size is great.
What I have found is choosing on-screen buttons (triangle , circle, square) rather than hardware buttons allows me to use it one handed - one handed with hardware buttons would guarantee it falling out of my hand reaching for the triangle button

Soldato
Seriously tempted by one of these as an upgrade to my trusty Z1 Compact - it's going to be a massive step up, right?

Only a couple of questions atm, 1.) where can I see one in the flesh and, 2.) does it have customisable LED notifications?

I'll have to post back if I think of anymore :D

Associate
Thanks mate! And there aren't really any obvious glaring downsides to wait I can see, are there?

My only complaint is it tends to pick up touches at the edge of the screen (as in when I pick it up etc) more than I'm accustomed to but other than that it's been a nearly flawless experience.

When I factor in the price I don't think I could have found a better phone.

Associate
Just got the OTA upgrade to 4.0.2 on this (without VPN) and whilst it's utterly fantastic, the phone has decided that it no longer wants to provide VoLTE on EE.

I think it's an issue with EE (as usual with their poor VoLTE implementation); however, having raised a support query with OP over not showing any other radio bands (*#*4636#*#*) apart from US, their suggestion? Hard reset the phone.

Talk about trying to kill an ant using a cannonball! :(

Back
Top Bottom