Spec me a Youview TV

Soldato
Mother in law has a Youview Box and old Toshiba TV, she has problems understanding how to use 2 items as a TV (she's 86).

Is there a TV that has Youview built in? The reason is she thinks she's paying a lot for BT TV (free with her broadband) and if Youview disappears she might think she's losing out.

Nothing more than 32" please as that will be too big she says.

Cheers.

Andi.

Soldato
Im pretty sure Youview is exclusive to Sony TV's at the moment.

Unless you have a Youview box you will loose the ability to series link and record.

I could be wrong but I think the smallest TV with Youview is 43".

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I have a Youview box and an LG TV, the Youview remote can turn on the TV and control the volume so you only need to use the one.

The problem is getting the mother in law to remember that ;)

She has also had a lot of updates (I think) that seem to be forcing her to go through the full startup, accepting T's&C's each time. She keeps asking if BT will come out and 'fix' it!

It does look like 43" is the smallest Sony TV with Android that supports Youview. I may have to take her back to Freeview - oh dear that will take some explaining ;)

Andi.

Soldato
I bet OP's Mother In law still watches SD channels too even though they had HD ! ;)

Awh christ, this does my head in.

Why does no TV or box support "use this channel instead of SD" that lets you specify a channel to use instead of the SD version?

I've hidden the SD channels on mine but it's kind of annoying having them out of order of the regular 1,2,3,4 that I've spent 30plus years being engraved in my head :)

EDIT: I should say, one of the reasons I love my Harmony Smart Control is the simplicity of the buttons and how easy to makes using multiple devices. Set one up for my gran without issue. The TV box was hidden away so she didn't even know it was a different device.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom