**** The Official Note 4 thread ****

Associate
Has anyone had issues with internet connectivity with theirs? Mine has started to quite frequently not load things like websites (through any web browsers, namely Firefox and Chrome Dev), and some apps like Palabre (RSS news feeds), yet weirdly it does work with other things that require internet like Instagram or games. Happens on both wifi and mobile data. A restart will fix it, but the problem will still come back after a while.

Man of Honour
Mine had a funny moment today :( one spot (not a normal area) got very hot and the battery started draining at about 1% every 30 seconds and it wouldn't recognise the sim - restarted it and same problem, had to remove battery for a few seconds and then it restarted without the battery drain but wouldn't recognise sim until it had cooled - not good. Sadly seems to be a bit of a glitchy device.

Soldato
My new replacement N4 still being very strange like others have said, I don't rate stock at all. Fortunately Dr Ketan has released a new version of his ROM, so will update before my holiday and hope I don't have to deal with these issues abroad.

I am running the M11 Pro version of this ROM and must say is excellent.

Soldato
Having a dispute with insurance about mine at the mo. They sent me a replacement in August but instead of the sm-n910f I got an sm-n910c which is a UAE model.

A while ago the IR blaster died which is something I use daily so I got in touch with Samsung who told me they won't touch it as it's not an EU model. Just waiting to hear if the insurance will honour the warranty themselves or not now.

I really really don't want to have to switch to another phone, I have 6 batteries, an expensive car mount ,love having a 200gig SD and use the IR blaster every day to control lots of different things, is there anything that can even compare nowadays??

Soldato
Yes, quite a few of us. Either your battery is knackered or your MMC is on the way out. If you're seeing boot loops then it's probably the later and it'll get progressively worse ending up with an MMC read fail message at it fails to boot. Only fix is to take it to Samsung for a new main board.

Last edited:
Soldato
No joy. In fact the assistant was a complete *******. Told me the phone wasn't covered under warranty and even if it was the ldi is blown under the battery and it has drop damage.

- its on a contract,. So no chance it's out of warranty.
- the only damage the phone has is a cracked back cover

Now, the ldi is blown under the battery but I don't know how and it certainly wasn't the last time I bothered looking. I'm not going to say they screwed with the ldi but it looks like it's got something rubbed over it.

In short yeah, I'm fuming. I'm done with Samsung. :mad:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom