New essential Android apps thread

Soldato
how ridiculous. so chromecast is no good for a house with anyone else that owns an android phone. i'm in a house share, everyone has android. everyone gets a notification the whole time while i use my chromecast, and everyone finds it fun to mess around with it. well done google

Soldato
@Fairly sure the answer is no
I don't know if this will work but worth a try. Can you set up a guest network on your router that only you and the chromecast use?

Soldato
If you go to main phone Settings > Google > Google Cast you can turn off "remote notifications" but by the sounds of it that only does it for your phone? :confused:

I don't know if this will work but worth a try. Can you set up a guest network on your router that only you and the chromecast use?

That's a potential solution, but what a silly idea can we not all agree. what possible use could there be to force everyone with an android phone on a network to have to see the notification constantly, and then have full control, and not have it as an option that you can restrict the control directly from the chromecast.

Soldato

I was considering this myself but since I originally bought it in the first place for everyone to use I decided against it.

If you go to main phone Settings > Google > Google Cast you can turn off "remote notifications" but by the sounds of it that only does it for your phone? :confused:

Yup, only your phone...

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Solid Explorer can transfer files to and from any network connected computer. It's also a brilliant file manager. I use nothing else to transfer files between phone, PCs, FTP and the cloud.

Back
Top Bottom