Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
What I really want to find is one of those touchless car washes like this:

B/S video. Doesn't show the car after it's dried. You can take a pressure washer to your car, blast the visible dirt off, and it'll look clean when wet. But when the panels dry it'll still look grimy and dirty.

Soldato
Currently having a break before I start my claying (courtesy of hyburnate the babe) and finishing off with a wax (also courtesy of hyburnate the babe)

Think I need to buy a better lance. Even on the thickest setting my snowfoam jus doesn't cling. Also don't have the best snowfoam so once this lot is out I'll be buying some autobrite I think. Ran out of my auto brite fallout removed today too so need some more of than wonderful stuff.

Might not be the lance. If your pressure washer doesn't pump out at least 120bar you'll struggle to get 'proper' thick foam - which is the issue I have at the moment. So I've been informed at any rate, and in my case I know the lance isnt the issue (AB lance :p).

Soldato
I bought a Chemical Guys Woolly Mammoth drying towel a couple of months back, it soaks up tons of water but always leaves tons of streaks even from bone dry, and I have to go over it with my old drying towel to get them off. Are all towels like this or what? Tempted to go back to a leather chamois at this rate.

Soldato
I bought a Chemical Guys Woolly Mammoth drying towel a couple of months back, it soaks up tons of water but always leaves tons of streaks even from bone dry, and I have to go over it with my old drying towel to get them off. Are all towels like this or what? Tempted to go back to a leather chamois at this rate.

My Sonax one works fine and streak free.

Don
Might not be the lance. If your pressure washer doesn't pump out at least 120bar you'll struggle to get 'proper' thick foam - which is the issue I have at the moment. So I've been informed at any rate, and in my case I know the lance isnt the issue (AB lance :p).

I only have the 110 bar nilfisk with a generic lance - seems to produce thick enough foam with valet pro pH neutral. (And by thick enough as in it will build up to a good couple of inches thick before collapsing)

Caporegime

I only used my mammoth for about a month due to the same thing it's an awful towel.

Caporegime
I use my machine polisher and an old ruined pad on my exhaust tips (or at least, I did on my A4, not had to yet on the S3). Used a low speed and a cheap metal polish, always brought them back to a smooth mirror finish.

Soldato
I used the autobrite foam lance and magifoam for the first time yesterday and OMG it's so much better than the standard Karcher one! I put about 2" magifoam in the bottom of the autobrite bottle (will use 1" next time) and topped up with warm water. The consistency of the foam ranged from watery to whipped cream(!!) with the adjustable settings, so I used it pretty much like thick snow. The dwell time was brilliant - tbh I think it would still be there if I hadn't washed it off :D, so maybe I had it a bit thick. Even though it went on pretty thick it washed off very easily with the pressure washer - did cause a bit of a bubble mountain in the drain though.

The results were impressive - about 2 months of winter driving since the last proper wash, by the time I rinsed though the sun was down so I didn't move on to the 2B wash and mostly the cars are reasonably clean as a result. There's obviously a few streaks but not bad for a quick tidy up, I was particularly impressed with how well it did on the wheels. I was putting the cars into service this morning and didn't want them to wash the dirt into it, as they don't pre-wash :rolleyes: not ideal but was pressed for time.

Highly recommend the Autobrite lance to anyone umming and erring over whether to buy it.

Soldato
Being a DeDpfed 2.2 Dirty Diesel My exhaust becomes covered in black stuff within days.

Just like all your lungs.. MWAHAHAHAHAH

^.. I am actually trying to source a second hand or new DPF to be less polluting. So don't hate me. Mistakes were made.. Now putting them right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom