Bios issue? Computer wont bootup without messing about

Associate
Hi All, got my dads pc at home its got an Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe motherboard.

When I go to boot up the PC it keeps saying...

Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting.
Press F1 to run SETUP

Now all I need to do is hit F1, go into the advanced mode, click on exit and then and hit save changers & reset. The PC then boots up fine. If I then just reset the PC when its in Windows the PC booted up fine.

It's doing my head in... any ideas what I need to do to just get the damn thing to boot up to the login screen when turning the PC on?

Associate
OP
Hi Will, yes BIOS is latest. Think I reset CMOS. Will try again. Dad turns off the power to the socket connected to the PC. Am wondering if the motherboard battery has run down/flat. Would this cause this issue?

Associate
I had a similar problem that turned out to be the PSU. It wouldn't work properly until it warmed up. Caused all kind of strange problems when it was cold. 100% stable when warm.

Soldato
Hi Will, yes BIOS is latest. Think I reset CMOS. Will try again. Dad turns off the power to the socket connected to the PC. Am wondering if the motherboard battery has run down/flat. Would this cause this issue?

Yes it would try Battery first I had the same issue until i replaced the battery then it would save bios setting. When you have pc plugged in to mains the mains power is saving your settings but once you unplug the mains the settings go as battery is flat it cant save your settings.

Battery is cheap and you can get them local to you

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom