Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Snowfoam, 2 bucket wash and cleaned the glass yesterday.

This morning the windows were frozen so the de-icer was needed, now have smeary waterspots on my previously cleaned windows :(

115 mile drive later, the car is filthy again. :mad:

Oh well, will clean it again next weekend.

Soldato
So I've been trying to find a decent priced detailer in my area for a while but they are quite expensive. I don't have the tools or confidence to do this, would anyone be up for helping me remove swirls and what not off my car? It's a c300 2016 coupe if that helps?! Not sure if this is cheeky, but would obviously pay for time etc.

Soldato
What would you recommend to put on wheels to protect them and make them easier to clean in the future. I'm considering getting the wheels off and giving them a thorough clean but would like to seal them at the same time.

What do you use?

Soldato
What would you recommend to put on wheels to protect them and make them easier to clean in the future. I'm considering getting the wheels off and giving them a thorough clean but would like to seal them at the same time.

What do you use?

I used -; http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-and-tyres/autoglym-alloy-wheel-seal/prod_752.html

ran out now but it does create a layer between the finish and the outside, water etc just runs off but dust etc still sticks to the rim - nowhere near as bad tho! :)

I'd recommend it if you want something easy to apply - it is literally spray on and leave.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-and-tyres/chemical-guys-wheel-guard/prod_197.html

is next on my list ;)

Soldato
I use the same SRP and EGP combo I use on my paint - mainly cos I already have it and being a student sucks. Does a really good job though, since I applied it two months ago I've only had to wash the wheels with water and normal car soap to get them back to perfect again.

Soldato
Will get some fine wire wool then, ta.

Annoying, been keeping them polished quite religiously but went on holiday/rained loads, so has been over a month since I cleaned them. Surprising amount of crud on the tips. :mad:

Could also try some oven cleaner?
When i first did the tips on my MX5, I sprayed them with Mr Muscle first to get the worst off, then finished up with Autosol. Brought them up nicely.

Soldato
Yes.

Just look up the reviews. If you're having the wheels off and doing a full decontamination and bringing them up to new, this will keep them looking that way.

Problem is buying a sealant/wax now will render the remaining wheel cleaner useless :p

Unless I use it on the bodywork as it's basically an iron remover.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I used the autobrite foam lance and magifoam for the first time yesterday and OMG it's so much better than the standard Karcher one! I put about 2" magifoam in the bottom of the autobrite bottle (will use 1" next time) and topped up with warm water. The consistency of the foam ranged from watery to whipped cream(!!) with the adjustable settings, so I used it pretty much like thick snow. The dwell time was brilliant - tbh I think it would still be there if I hadn't washed it off :D, so maybe I had it a bit thick. Even though it went on pretty thick it washed off very easily with the pressure washer - did cause a bit of a bubble mountain in the drain though.

The results were impressive - about 2 months of winter driving since the last proper wash, by the time I rinsed though the sun was down so I didn't move on to the 2B wash and mostly the cars are reasonably clean as a result. There's obviously a few streaks but not bad for a quick tidy up, I was particularly impressed with how well it did on the wheels. I was putting the cars into service this morning and didn't want them to wash the dirt into it, as they don't pre-wash :rolleyes: not ideal but was pressed for time.

Highly recommend the Autobrite lance to anyone umming and erring over whether to buy it.

That's what I use and I can't fault it to be fair, as i've been comparing it to the Auto Finesse Avalanche. Its much better than the AF snowfoam, so ill be order some more of it next week. However, I am quiet temped to order the blue Magifoam as I have a white car.

RSR

RSR

Soldato

What do you use?

I use FK1000 on my wheels and I am really impressed with it, as it seem to last for ages. However, I do normally take the wheels off every few months to properly clean them.

Last edited:
Permabanned
So I've been trying to find a decent priced detailer in my area for a while but they are quite expensive. I don't have the tools or confidence to do this, would anyone be up for helping me remove swirls and what not off my car? It's a c300 2016 coupe if that helps?! Not sure if this is cheeky, but would obviously pay for time etc.

There is a reason paint correction is not cheap, a good job takes a lot of work. :)

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I imagine so, but its a waste of money when you're taking the wheels off, you can get something like Dlux / Platinum wheels for not much more.

I'd normally clean all the wheel arches etc... at the same time. However, FK1000 does seem to last for a good 3/4 months but my wheels don't normally get too dusty.

I'll have a look at the stuff mentioned above as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom