The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - MODS & TWEAKS

Soldato
A shoot in the dark here but since my google searchings is failing me I thought I throw it out here and see if anyone knows:

Is there a mod that shows the Experience Bar in actually numbers or percentage instead of just a coloured bar ??

Soldato
I mainly do amour/weapon packs, textures and interface overhaul. Nothing extreme. I might mod away anyway, then install the remastered version along side it and see how it goes.

Thanks

Weapons and armour & texture most of which should just work with SE as they're unlikely to change the way models or texture work just a higher resolution. Anything involving scripts or quest is less likely and SKSE won't be available for some time. SkyUI may not ever be available as the developer has stated he's not interested.

Soldato
thread necro time!

had a crack at the legendary edition, which has rekindles my love of skyrim, and good as it is the lack of mods dissapoints me.

so figured i'd have a go with vanilla modded again, but finally actually clean up my mod list and replace all the steam mods with nexus versions.

so, as is the way of skyrim modding one enb and a bunch of mods later (56 total, which is lightweight by my standards) all installed via nmm, ran loot, fired up and of course boom ctd.

so is there any decent way these days of diagnosing a crash other than the old delete one mod at a time until it works?

Soldato
so managed to get it to the being able to start a new game, using alternate start sleeping to load in the world and ctd, which narrows it down to every possible mod.

is this the wrong time to admit i've never bothered with tesvedit due to it's level of confusion?

Associate
please follow Gophers guide on cleaning your masterfiles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw3g_N1jcZQ

I used to find that instant crash to desktops when I clicked on SKSE.exe were down to something happeng when it was loading mods into the game.

TES5 Edit is VERY useful at showing you what's going on while your game is booting up. If there's a conflict, it will flag it up. If you get stuck you can post back on here and I'll try and help.

Before it came along you had to delete mods one by one, until you found the culprit. Using TES5, it makes fault finding a hell of a lot easier.

Associate
Only used it once or twice (due to a ctd, natch) and the log is easily readable. It's usually the last entry (in red) that tells you what it was trying to do.
I then foind I'd installed a mod and told it I had a DLC when I didn't. It didn't like that. So reinstalled mod, told it I didn't have DLC and boom! I was in and playing

Soldato
ok, so cleaned the update/dlc's and a couple of mods with itm's doesn't seem to be saying any notable errors with all the mods loaded.

using alternate start, so on a new game i spawn in the dungeon ok, can talk to the statue and use the bed, whereupon i get my ctd, seems to have trouble loading the skyrim spaces, indoor or outdoors doesnt matter, wherever it's meant to spawn me it crashes.

must be a mod conflict of some kind, but loot and now tes5edit is coming up with nada in the way of conflicts

Soldato
ok, so seems to have started working now, although it spawned me on solstheim so there's still potential to glitch out when i go back to skyrim itself, windhelm is such a city for mod ocnflicts.

now my only problem is figuring out why half my mods arent loading when they claim to be.....

Soldato
Obvious question alert, you did sort your load order with LOOT yes?

Adding a ton of mods in one go isn't the best way to go about things you really need to drip feed them in one at at a time until something breaks that way you know which one caused it.

Associate
Has anyone got a list of mods I should install for insane graphics & immersive gameplay? 1070 soon to be SLi 1070.

Like a mega-skyrim mod list without it getting into stupidness

Soldato
OK this is driving me nuts... I had some Reikling followers, two died in a Dragon Battle and I have one left. However whenever I fast travel or enter a new area, a few Reiklings spawn and attack me and my party. It's getting really annoying now. I try to dismiss the Reikling I have but he always continues to follow me. :(

Anyone else had this and is there any way to fix it?

Back
Top Bottom