*** Rocket League *** Car Football

Soldato
NeatMike is very good and references other channels that provide tips as well, he has an ultimate guide which is useful for all round players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgI6tiYl2_A

EDIT: Sorry, thought you were the guy before asking for tips.

If you want to get into it, watch 'Doomsee', very good player currently on the 'Reunited' team (Supersonic Avengers) that has a tonne of videos from competitions that are great to watch, very good team for ability & have a lot of fun rather than being stupidly serious.

Last edited:
Associate
Its really good

Love it when my lad plays online and scores a few goals - would love to know what they'd say if they knew a 5 year old had just done them up like a kipper

Giz

Soldato
Hey all

Just getting into this - bought it for my 5yo to play with me and i've started playing it on my own whenever I can!

Struggling to know how to deal with high balls coming down on me and running on the walls and of course aerials - jump timing seems to be getting better.

Giz

I found the training tutorial missions good for practicing aerials, and wall rides is a practice thing as well. I still mess up the corners where they slightly bounce off the wall and I drive under the ball.

At the end of the day, you need to attempt things you can't yet do if you ever want to be able to do them. Just playing matches doesn't make as good practice for basics like that, but it's handy for learning new setups like bouncing a ball over a car that's challenging you for the ball, or tapping the ball up the back wall to set up a cross from the corner.

Soldato
Was playing daily too but found online play to be full of toxic players. Just annoyed me so stopped playing really!

Advise disabling chat/voice for playing online with your chap, some of the things they say.. keyboard warriors

Soldato
It's the same as every game, you get a few obnoxious kids but yea, always disable voice chat, text chat you can just ignore, or egg them on to see how much rage you can induce.

Associate
Play in a ranked 3v3 team with a couple of friends, we are Gold IV and finding it difficult now as most opponents are competitive players and good flyers.

I admit I'm incredibly toxic in chat, love nothing more than trolling people but just wish PS4 players could type back!! :D

Soldato
There's a promo price on Rocket League again at Steam, that finishes at 1800 GMT (~45 minutes).

I've had the game myself since Easter, love it despite bing a 40-something, but I'm struggling to decide whether to "throw a curveball" and buy a £27 4-pack on my better half's Steam account (can't buy a 4-pack on my account as I already have game).

So she gets a copy and then we give the other 3 keys to family (two couples ~65+ who sometimes have grandchildren round, one 30+ couple who have two young children).

Am I mad to even consider this as a random little Xmas extra, especially for the old folk? Thinking they might try it themselves, but possibly something to entertain kids with doing split screen play. :confused:

Soldato
Absolutely love this game, I honestly think i'm addicted! I'm floating around C2/C3 and would love to get to Rising Star before the season's out. Oh and for training there's something called Bakkesmod (can be found on reddit) which is similar to Rocket League Trainer but better imo.

If anyone wants to play feel free to add me, I mainly play on my own but would be great to team up in 2s or 3s. I also have some ****** crate decals to trade if anyone wants them :p

Associate
I've only put in about 3 hours on this game (bought it a couple of days ago), but I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with the skill levels on this game. So many people just hit the ball at any opportunity - this has many times ruined a perfectly lined up shot from the centre.

Think I'm going to stick to 1v1 for now, can't handle the idiots :D

Soldato
So Season 3 is coming to end, we should finally be getting Season 4 around early April along with a game update!

https://rocketleaguegame.com/news/competitive-season-4-update-and-season-3-rewards/

Wheels are the rewards this time round and they are giving the competitive ranks an overhaul. There will be a 'soft' reset where you will play some placing matches and then you will go into your new rank.

I finally hit Rising Star in 3s last week and thought that would be my goal, but with around 70 days to go I'm going to try and continue up the ladder to Champion!

Soldato
Apologies if this is covered in the thread already, if I get this on the PS4, can I team with my friends on PC?

On PC we use Steam to team up, which isn't an option on the PS4 I guess.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom