*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Associate
Finally, I upgraded to Q online and it just applied my discount to Q and scheduled the installation for the new home.
When I look online to upgrade it tells me I must start a new 18 month contract, was that the same for you or have you somehow got a shorter term?

Associate
I've give up trying to get an offer for sky Q. I've just accepted the deal of 60% discount on all TV services, 50% discount on fibre unlimited and 50% discount on line rental. I'm happy enough and saves me having to switch to another provider.

Soldato
Just had a missed call from Sky apparently...

Wonder if they will say anything different about the 60% off Sky Q being valid ..

Did you accept the discount?

When I look online to upgrade it tells me I must start a new 18 month contract, was that the same for you or have you somehow got a shorter term?

I'm on a 12 month term for Q with all of that @ 50% off.

Soldato
I'm moving house soon, and was wondering if I cancel my current package, would I get the new customer deals when I move and sign up anew? Or is it better just to let them know i'm moving?
Wouldn't mind giving SKY Q another go... Has that improved any in terms of bugs and build quality yet? :)

Soldato
I'm moving house soon, and was wondering if I cancel my current package, would I get the new customer deals when I move and sign up anew? Or is it better just to let them know i'm moving?
Wouldn't mind giving SKY Q another go... Has that improved any in terms of bugs and build quality yet? :)

I got this offer as the lady let my current contract expire as I'd cancelled and gave me 67% off a new house move contract!

Just got off the phone with Sky, I currently have a Sky+ package and Fibre and phones line and pay £55 per month. As I'm moving I cancelled to see if I got any offers which appeared on my interactive screen as 60% off although my Sky account online only showed a 50% offer..

Talked to a lovely lady and got the below being installed second week in Feb in the new place

SkyQ 1TB
SkyQ mini
SkyQ router (With fibre 40/10)
BT Phone-line

In total I paid £50 for the fibre activation (up front) and she managed to waiver the £55 SkyQ setup/moving home fee and knocked another £2.50 off my BB and applied a 67% discount on my TV package for 18 months so my total bill per month will be £45.46 as I currently only have the variety package ...

I'm happy with that offer ...

Soldato
Looking to cut down the costs of my Sky, currently £100.

We have Sky+ HD package (includes F1 HD), Multi-room, Sky Go, 40/10 Fibre, Phone.

Looks like i need to lose F1 and multi-room to make some savings.

I can't get Virgin Media, so tempted to just scrap it and deal with the loss.

I hate media exclusivity.

Soldato

We have Sky+ HD package (includes F1 HD), Multi-room, Sky Go, 40/10 Fibre, Phone.

Are you in-contract or on just a rolling month?

Soldato

So you on the old legacy package then like me? Sky HD which included F1?

If you're no longer in contract go online to their chat and mention you're looking to leave and throw in you're looking at "Amazon" and "Netflix" and "BT" etc and see if they'll offer you 40-60% off for 12months!?

Soldato

If you on £100 for their fibre, phone and all the TV package that isn't too bad bearing in mind the TV Package is normally £92.50 for their full package. Of course if you mean just the HD pack and nothing like movies etc then you should be able to get the TV sorted.

I have everything but multi-room for £32.50 from Sky (my internet is locked to BT still now for the 3rd year because the site is still technically privately owned by the builders as roads have not been adopted by the local council still!!

However yeah getting your TV down to around 60% off should be possible. I don't know what they are like with Broadband & Phone anymore though on that front.

Soldato
Are you in-contract or on just a rolling month?

Month rolling.

So you on the old legacy package then like me? Sky HD which included F1?

If you're no longer in contract go online to their chat and mention you're looking to leave and throw in you're looking at "Amazon" and "Netflix" and "BT" etc and see if they'll offer you 40-60% off for 12months!?

Yep, legacy HD Package :)
Unfortunately, they can only offer me £63.69 a month for 10 months but will remove F1 HD. This is including me explaining that i'm looking at Amazon Prime and Free Sat etc etc

If you on £100 for their fibre, phone and all the TV package that isn't too bad bearing in mind the TV Package is normally £92.50 for their full package. Of course if you mean just the HD pack and nothing like movies etc then you should be able to get the TV sorted.

I have everything but multi-room for £32.50 from Sky (my internet is locked to BT still now for the 3rd year because the site is still technically privately owned by the builders as roads have not been adopted by the local council still!!

However yeah getting your TV down to around 60% off should be possible. I don't know what they are like with Broadband & Phone anymore though on that front.

I do not have the full TV package. I have everything excluding Sport and Movies.

If i cancel and re-subscribe, could i get intro offers? Reason i ask is that i'd get SkyQ it seems.

Soldato
I do not have the full TV package. I have everything excluding Sport and Movies.

If i cancel and re-subscribe, could i get intro offers? Reason i ask is that i'd get SkyQ it seems.

You need to start the cancel procedure and you will get emails etc offering the 60% about 2-3 weeks into the cancelling process. They always offer a worse deal at beginning to see if you will take it and as time moves on reduce the costs. It is how I got the full TV package for the £32.50 last month for a full 12 months (they started with same deal as you).

Further to that if you have been a customer of Sky within the last 12 months you are not deemed to be a new customer to them. If you have a partner you can alternate between the two of you to get the newcomer deals though which is what we will be doing from now on.

Soldato
You need to start the cancel procedure and you will get emails etc offering the 60% about 2-3 weeks into the cancelling process. They always offer a worse deal at beginning to see if you will take it and as time moves on reduce the costs. It is how I got the full TV package for the £32.50 last month for a full 12 months (they started with same deal as you).

Further to that if you have been a customer of Sky within the last 12 months you are not deemed to be a new customer to them. If you have a partner you can alternate between the two of you to get the newcomer deals though which is what we will be doing from now on.

When you cancel and reapply with a different name, does the phone number change?

Caporegime
Yes. Cancelling in full means your phone number is lost. However if you migrate your talk and broadband services to another provider you can keep the number.

Back
Top Bottom